Your game won’t open due to DirectDraw Error? That could be super frustrating. But there’s no need to panic. You’re certainly not the only one. We’ve seen many Windows users are reporting this DirectDraw error. And usually it’s easy to fix. Read on and find how…
Try these fixes:
- Check if you have the latest DirectX on your computer
- Update your video card driver
- Adjust the compatibility settings of your program
my previous guide to check if you have the latest DirectX on your computer and update it if available.
Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your exact video card, and your variant of Windows system, and it will download and install it correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. Note: You can also do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Right-click on the shortcut of your game program or its .exe file to select Properties.
- Click Compatibility. Then tick on Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution. Then Apply > OK.
- Once you do, run your game to see if it goes well.
Did you solve the DirectDraw error on your computer? Feel free to comment below with your own experiences.