Easily Fix Multimedia Audio Controller Driver Issue
Find Easy Ways to Get Correct Multimedia Audio Controller Driver
Probably you are wearing a “OH-NO” expression. That’s because there’s no sound on your Windows computer. You go to the Device Manager and notice that there is a yellow sign next to your multimedia audio controller.
Not to worry; It isn’t a so hard problem to solve. This problem occurs mainly due to your multimedia audio controller driver. It’s very likely the driver is corrupted, outdated or even missing. This article will be telling you the three easy and effective methods to fix it.
Read on this page and choose the way you prefer to update the multimedia audio controller driver on your Windows.
- Update Multimedia Audio Controller driver in Device Manager
- Update Multimedia Audio Controller driver manually
- Update Multimedia Audio Controller driver automatically
We can uninstall the current multimedia audio controller driver in Device Manager and let Microsoft to reload the correct driver automatically.
To do this, please follow these simple steps:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R (at the same time) to invoke the Run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3) Find your Multimedia Audio Controller driver. (Due to the error, it’s probably under the Other devices section.)
4) Right-click on the Multimedia Audio Controller driver and select Uninstall device.
5) Click Action > Scan for hardware changes.
Now the Windows will reload your multimedia audio controller driver.
6) Go on to find your multimedia audio controller driver. Now it’s probably under the Sound, video and game controllers section.
7) Right-click on it and select Update driver.
8) Click Search automatically for update driver software.
Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update if Windows detect any update for your driver.
If there’s still problem with your multimedia audio controller driver, go on with the following methods.
There’re two other alternative methods for you to update your audio controller driver — manually and automatically.
Manually — Method 2
Automatically — Method 3
You can download the latest driver for your multimedia audio controller from its manufacturer’s website.
1) Go to your sound card manufacturer’s website.
2) Find the driver download site, usually it’s under the Support section.
3) Search the latest driver for your sound card model and Windows operation system version.
4) Download and install the driver on your computer.
Though it’s direct and straight forward to download the driver from manufacturer’s website, it requires computer technology, patience and indeed costs too much time. Luckily, you can do this automatically with Driver Easy.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your multimedia audio controller driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged audio controller driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer and check to see if the sound can play fine.