Failed to Initialize BattlEye Service: Driver Load Error (1450) [FIXED]
When you go to launch a game, say, Arma 2 OA, you get the BattlEye screen and this pops up: Failed To initialize battleye service:Driver Load Error (1450). You can’t play the game with this error. But the good news is you can fix it. Following are practical solutions you can try.
Try these fixes:
- Check for Windows updates
- Disable/uninstall antivirus
- Run a command in Command Prompt
- Restart BattlEye in Windows Services
- Pro tip
Many Windows 7/8 users have reported that they got this Failed To initialize battleye service:Driver Load Error (1450) error message when they try playing games that have the BattleEye anti-cheat service, such as Arma 2 OA, PUBG, H1Z1, DayZ, etc.
The error could be caused by lack of system patches and most happens in Windows 7/8. Manually installing Windows updates should fix the problem. To do so :
- Click on the Start button, type update in the box and select Windows update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates.
- Click the links.
- To better troubleshoot the game issue, you should select/install all identified updates, and click OK.
Note: Save any open files and close all programs as you may need to restart your computer after installing the updates.
It could also be possible that your antivirus might be blocking BattlEye. You can try closing any antivirus you have and running your game as administrator to see if the problem is resolved.
To close an antivirus software, you can:
- Right-click on the task bar and select Start Task Manager.
- Under the Applications tab, select the software you want to close, and click End Task.
To run your game as an administrator, you can right-click on the executable (.exe) file of or the desktop shortcut to your game.
If you run an application as administrator, you’re notifying your computer system that the application you’re going to run is safe and should be allowed with administrative function privileges.
- Select Run as administrator to launch your game.
- OR select Properties instead, if you wish to always run your game as administrator.
Then in the Properties window, click on the Compatibility tab, check Run this program as an administrator and click OK.
Are you able to play your game now? If not, there’re two more solutions you can try.
Some users fixed their Failed To initialize battleye service:Driver Load Error (1450) issue by running a certain command in Command Prompt. You may as well give it a try:
- Click on the Start button, type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on cmd and select Run as administrator.
Click Yes if prompted by User Account Control.
In CMD, type the command below, and press Enter:
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
Close the CMD window and restart your PC.
Another solution to Failed To initialize battleye service:Driver Load Error (1450) would be restarting BattlEye in Services. Here’s how:
- Search services in the Start menu, and select Services.
- Navigate to and right-click on the BattlEye service, then select Restart.
The Failed To initialize battleye service:Driver Load Error (1450) error may also occur if you’re using an outdated or a faulty device driver. If the steps above don’t resolve your problem, or if you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to a flagged device driver to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Have fun with your game!