FAULTY HARDWARE CORRUPTED PAGE on Windows 10 [Solved]
If you’re seeing the blue screen of death error FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE on your screen, you’re not alone. Many Windows 10 users are reporting this problem as well. No worries, it’s possible to fix.
Here are 4 fixes for you to try. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down until you find the one works for you.
Method 1: Disable fast startup
Method 2: Run RAM Check and SFC
Method 3: Update Intel Management Engine Interface (IMEI)
Method 4: Update all drivers (especially the display driver)
IMPORTANT: You’ll need to be logged into Windows on the problem computer to try any of these solutions. If you can’t log into Windows, power on and off your PC 3 times to perform a hard reboot and restart it in Safe Mode, then try these solutions.
Fast startup feature is long being reported to be the culprit. You can disable it to see if this problem is resolved:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and click Control Panel.
2) View by Large icons, click Power Options.
3) Click Choose what the power button does.
4) Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
5) Un-tick Turn on fast startup (recommended). Click Save changes to save and exit.
There is a big possibility that this blue screen error is related to errors in your hardware memory or corrupted system files. You can run a RAM check and the SFC to see if problem is resolved:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type mdsched.exe.
2) Click Restart now and check for problems (recommended). Your PC will restart immediately.
3) Wait for the scans to finish (it can take up to 15-20 minutes).
4) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time. Click Command Prompt (Admin).
5) Type sfc /scannow and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
6) Check to see if the problem is resolved.
Note: Here is a post about IMEI if you want to know more about it.
Outdated or faulty installed IMEI driver can also be the culprit. You can update IMEI driver to fix this blue screen of death problem:
1) Go to the support website of Intel. Click the blue button to download.
2) After the download, install as instructed.
3) After the install, restart your computer for the new driver to take effect.
This error can also be caused by a outdated, incorrect or corrupt system driver. You should verify that all your devices have the right driver, and update those that don’t.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to all flagged devices, especially graphics card, to automatically download and install the correct version of their drivers (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).