If you’re seeing the blue screen of death error FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE on your screen, you’re not alone. Many Windows 10 users are reporting this problem as well. No worries, it’s possible to fix.
Here are 4 fixes for you to try. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down until you find the one that works for you.
- Disable fast startup
- Run RAM Check and SFC
- Update Intel Management Engine Interface (IMEI)
- Update all drivers (especially the display driver)
- Reset or reinstall Windows
The fast startup feature has long been reported to be the culprit. You can disable it to see if this problem is resolved:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key, then type control panel. Click the Control Panel from the list of results.
2) View by Large icons, click Power Options.
3) Click Choose what the power button does.
4) Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
5) Uncheck the option Turn on fast startup (recommended). Click Save changes to save and exit.
There is a big possibility that this blue screen error is related to errors in your hardware memory or corrupted system files. You can run a RAM check and the SFC to see if the problem is resolved:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type mdsched.exe.
2) Click Restart now and check for problems (recommended). Your PC will restart immediately.
3) Wait for the scans to finish (it can take up to 15-20 minutes).
4) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key, type Command Prompt, right-click the Command Prompt from the list of results, and select Run as administrator.
5) Type sfc /scannow and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
6) Check to see if the problem is resolved.
Note: Here is a post about IMEI if you want to know more about it.
Outdated or faulty installed IMEI drivers can also be the culprit. You can update the IMEI driver to fix this blue screen of death problem:
1) Go to the support website of Intel. Click the blue button to download.
2) After the download, install as instructed.
3) After the installation, restart your computer for the new driver to take effect.
This error can also be caused by an outdated, incorrect, or corrupt system driver. You should verify that all your devices have the right driver, and update those that don’t.
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version, it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to all flagged devices, especially graphics cards, to automatically download and install the correct version of their drivers (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
5: Reset or reinstall Windows
If all else fails, you may have to reset Windows, or maybe even reinstall it together. We all know reinstalling will delete all the data on your hard drive, you have to back up all your important files before doing it.
However, with Fortect, there’s no need for lengthy back-ups, support phone calls, or risk to your personal data. It can reset Windows to the state exactly when it was installed without affecting third-party software.
Here’s how to use it:
- Download and install Fortect.
- Open Fortect and click Yes to run a free scan of your PC.
- Fortect will scan your computer thoroughly. This may take a few minutes.
- Once done, you’ll see a detailed report of all the issues on your PC. To fix them automatically, click START REPAIR. This requires you to purchase the full version. But don’t worry. If Fortect doesn’t solve the issue, you can request a refund within 60 days.
But treat these options as a last resort, because they both take quite a long time.