Fix: Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Missing on Windows 10
If Apple Mobile Device USB driver is missing or corrupted in Windows 10, your iPhone like iPhone 7 can’t be recognized. In that case, you can’t import the photos, music or videos from iPhone. To resolve this driver problem, just try solutions here.
When you connect your iPhone to your computer, the Apple Mobile Device USB driver should have been installed automatically. So try unplugging the device and plugging it again. This would work in most cases.
If the problem is still there, try below 2 solutions.
Solution 1: Uninstall the Driver
Follow these steps:
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand category “Universal Serial Bus Controller” .).
3. Right click on the device and select Uninstall from the pop-up menu.
You will be asked to confirm the uninstall. Check the checkbox next to “Delete the driver software for this device” if you see it. Click OK button then the driver will be uninstalled.
4. Click Action in top menu bar and click Scan for hardware changes.
Solution 2: Update the Driver
The problem probably is caused by driver issues. The steps above may resolve the problem, but if they don’t, try to update the Apple Mobile Device USB driver. If you don’t have patience, time or computer to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will scan your computer to detect any problem drivers, then provide you with new drivers. You can update the apple usb driver with the Free or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it just takes 2 clicks (and you get full support and 30-day money back guarantee).
1. Click here to download Driver Easy. Then double click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
2. Click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect all problem drivers instantly.
3. Click Update button next to the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver to download and install the correct version of this driver (Update the driver step by step with the Free version). Or click Update All button to update all drivers automatically (you need to upgrade to Pro version).