DS4 Windows failed to detect your PS4 and says No Controllers Connected (Max 4)? You’re definitely not alone. Many users are reporting the same issue recently. But no need to worry about it now for it’s quite easy to fix…
Try these fixes
Fix 1: Update your DS4 Windows
Run the update tool called DS4Updater in your DS4 Windows installation folder to check for new updates.
- If it finds you any updates, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it on your computer. This update tool is the first thing you can check if you run into any DS4 Windows connection issues.
- Or if it keeps saying it’s already up to date, you may have installed the old DS4 Windows. To get the latest version, you can go to DS4 Windows New Releases from GitHub and download the app according to your operating system.
- Uninstall your old DS4 Windows.
- Extract the zip file that you’ve just downloaded.
- Launch DS4Windows.exe in the extracted folder.
- Select Appdata when you’re prompted to choose where to save the settings and files, for it will ensure you have full access.
- Follow the steps described in the Welcome to DS4Windows to install the driver and finish the setup.
- Go to the Settings tab and select Hide DS4 Controller.
This will prevent your system from recognizing two controllers and causing connection issues.
Fix 2: Re-enable your controller
DS4 Windows will fail to detect your PS4 if your controller is disabled. To check if this is the culprit, you can go to Device Manager.
1) Right click the Start menu and select Device Manager.
2) Expand Human Interface Devices and right click HID-compliant game controller, then select Enable device. (For Bluetooth users, it’s Bluetooth-HID-device. )
If it’s already enabled, you can disable and enable it again.
3) Disconnect your controller and restart your PC.
4) Close Steam.
5) Open your DS4 Windows. Go to the Settings tab to check Hide DS4 controller.
If the Hide DS4 controller option is already checked, then uncheck and check it again.
6) Try connecting your controller again. Your device should be displayed in the Controller tab now.
If re-enabling the controller failed, you can go back to the Device Manager to uninstall the HID-compliant game controller. Then close your DS4 Windows and disconnect your controller and connect it again. Afterward, open DS4 Windows, and you will see your controller here again.
Fix 3: Uninstall the latest Windows Update
If this problem occurred just after a Windows Update, then the new update may be the one to blame.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and hit Enter.
2) Select View installed updates on the left panel.
3) Right-click the problematic update and select Uninstall.
4) Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the uninstall.
Have you ever run into an annoying game crashing issue or a game not launching? How long since you last time updated your graphics card driver? To improve your gaming experience, it’s important to keep your graphics card up to date.
To update your graphics card driver, you can always head to its manufacturer’s website to download & install it by yourself.
Or you can try updating your graphics card driver automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your device, saving you all the trouble searching it online.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to your graphics card driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version. You will get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
4) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Hopefully, one of the fixes above solved your DS4 Windows not working / not detecting controller issues. Feel free to drop us a comment if you have further questions and suggestions.