Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is a fascinating battle royale game. But like most of the others, it’s also not free from bugs and issues.
If you’re encountering launch errors with Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout crashing at startup, don’t worry. In this guide, we set out to resolve launch problems with the game by addressing common errors.
Fixes to try:
You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Check Fall Guys server status
- End unnecessary programs
- Update the graphics driver
- Verify game files
- Run as administrator
- Reinstall the game
- Check for Windows Updates
Check your computer specs first
Before you attempt to try any of the below solutions, ensure that your device meets the minimum specifications to run Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout. If you’re sure your PC does meet the requirements, you can skip to fixes directly.
|OS:||Windows 10 64bit only|
|Processor:||Intel Core i5 or AMD equivalent|
|Memory:||8 GB RAM|
|Graphics:||NVIDIA GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7950|
|Storage:||2 GB available space|
If unfortunately, your PC doesn’t meet the system requirements for the game, then you’ll need to either update your hardware or play the game on another device that supports it.
Fix 1: Check Fall Guys server status
Sometimes, the launching problem is an issue with Steam or with Fall Guys server. Try doing a quick Google search to see the official status of Fall Guys servers, or check @FallGuysOwl on Twitter.
If it turns out to be a server issue, then wait patiently for the developer to fix it. If the game server works fine, then the issue may be on your side. Move on to the next fix below.
Fix 2: End unnecessary programs
If your game is unable to gain access to the memory it needs, it will either crash or run into other performance issues. So, it’s always wise to close background programs that take up a lot of PC memory. Follow the instructions below:
1) On your keyboard, press the Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys at the same time to open Task Manager.
2) Right-click the programs you want to close and select End Task.
3) Restart Fall Guys to see if it runs correctly.
If this doesn’t help, read on and try Fix 3.
Fix 3: Update the graphics driver
Your graphics card (GPU) is the most important component when it comes to determining gaming performance. If you’re using an outdated graphics driver, or the driver is corrupted, you’re likely to encounter game issues like game crashing. So, make sure your graphics driver is updated.
You can update your graphics driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for your graphics product, (such as AMD, Intel or Nvidia,) and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only driver that is compatible with your Windows version.
If you’re not comfortable playing with device drivers, we recommend using Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for you.
You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
4) Relaunch the game to test your issue.
If the game still won’t launch, then move on to the next fix, below.
Fix 4: Verify game files
The Fall Guys not launching issue may occur when you have one or more game files corrupted or deleted by malware. To fix this, you can try verifying the integrity of your game files. Here’s how to do it:
1) Run Steam.
2) Click LIBRARY.
3) Right-click Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and select Properties.
4) Click the LOCAL FILES tab, then click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES.
5) Relaunch your game to test your issue.
If the game is still unplayable, then continue with the next fix below.
Fix 5: Run as administrator
Running PCs under a standard user mode can give a hard time to gamers as limited user rights may cause your game to run into problems while trying to access certain game files.
In this case, running Steam and Fall Guys as administrator should fix the issue for you. To do this, follow the instructions below:
1) Right-click the Fall Guys desktop icon and select Properties.
2) Click the Compatibility tab and check Run this program as an administrator. Then click OK.
4) Repeat steps 1-2 to grant Steam admin rights.
5) Relaunch the game to see if it works.
If the game still won’t launch, then try the next solution.
Fix 6: Reinstall the game
This issue might happen if Fall Guys isn’t properly installed on your PC. Try reinstalling it to see if that’s the issue for you. Follow the instructions below:
1) Run Steam.
2) Right-click Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, then click Manage > Uninstall.
3) Click Uninstall to proceed.
4) Reinstall the game on your PC, then restart the game.
If the issue continues to occur, go to the next solution.
Fix 7: Check for Windows updates
If your game won’t launch at all, it’s not likely that out-of-date Windows components are the core issue, but you should rule out the possibility. Follow the instructions below:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key. Then, type windows update and select Windows Update settings.
2) Click Check for updates, and then wait for Windows to download and install the updates automatically.
3) Restart your computer and your game.
Hopefully, you can play Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout without errors now! Enjoy the game! If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.