Download Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Windows 10
No sound after upgrading to Windows 10? It’s probably a driver problem. Your audio driver is probably missing or out of date (and therefore incompatible with Windows 10).
So it’s usually a pretty quick fix. Most of the time, you just need to update your audio driver. Here’s how…
To confirm if your PC sound problem is caused by driver issue, you need to check for the driver status in Device Manager:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke a Run command.
3) In Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers. Under this category, you’ll see Realtek High Definition Audio. If there’s a yellow mark next to the device name (usually an exclamation or a question mark), there’s problem with the driver, and you need to update it. E.g.:
There are two ways you can update your audio drivers:
Option 1 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way, because you need to find exactly the right the driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
You can download Realtek audio drivers from Realtek. To get them, you need to go to the Realtek website, find the drivers corresponding with the sound card model and your specific flavor of Windows 10 (32 or 64 bit) and download the driver manually.
Once you’ve downloaded the correct drivers for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the Realtek driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the Realtek driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Realtek Audio Driver
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestion, feel free to leave a comment below.