Many Windows users complained that the wireless network suddenly stopped working on forums. After network troubleshooting, Wireless capability is turned off error is found. If you also face this error, don’t worry. You can fix this problem with this guide.
Try these fixes:Here are 3 methods you can try to fix this problem. Work your way down the list until you find the one that works.
- Make sure your wireless option is turned on
- Check the power management setting of your wireless network adapter
- Update your wireless network adapter driver
- Type wifi in the search box from Start. Then click Change Wi-Fi settings from the result.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi status is on.
- Type network in the search box from Start. Then click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on your wireless network adapter and choose Enable.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Double-click your wireless network adapter device in Network adapters.
Make sure Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked in Power Management.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to a flagged network adapter driver to automatically download it， then you can install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version– you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- Restart your computer and try to connect to Wi-Fi to see if it works.