Many Windows users complained that the wireless network suddenly stop working on forums. After network troubleshooting, Wireless capability is turned off error is found. If you also face this error, don’t worry. You can fix this problem with this guide.
Try these fixes:
Here’re 3 methods you can try to fix this problem. Work your way down the list until you find the one that works.
- Make sure your wireless option is turned on
- Check the power management setting of your wireless network adapter
- Update your wireless network adapter driver
If you’re using laptop, you can probably find a function key available for turning wireless on/off on your laptop’s keyboard. It could be F12, varying from different laptops. Just find the key with wireless symbol.
If you cannot find such an key, or you’re using a desktop, enable the wireless function in the network connections window.
If you’re using Windows 10:
- Type wifi in the search box from Start. Then click Change Wi-Fi settings from the result.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi status is on.
If you’re using Windows 7:
- Type network in the search box from Start. Then click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on your wireless network adapter and choose Enable.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Double-click your wireless network adapter device in Network adapters.
Make sure Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked in Power Management.
This problem could be also caused by an old or incorrect wireless network adapter driver on your computer. If you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to a flagged network adapter driver to automatically download it， then you can install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version– you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- Restart your computer and try to connect Wi-Fi to see if it works.