Razer Synapse is used to control and customize settings regarding your Razer peripheral devices such as Razer mouse, Razer keyboard. However, sometimes you may run into issues like Razer Synapse not opening on your computer.
Don’t worry. Many users have been reporting the Razer Synapse not working issue. The good news is you can fix it with this guide. Read on to find how…
Fixes for Razer Synapse not working:
- Close Razer Synapse processes
- Perform a clean-install for your Razer device drivers
- Reinstall Razer Synapse on your computer
Fix 1: Close Razer Synapse processes
The reason why Razer Synapse won’t open is hard to identify because of the unique settings and peripherals you have, but we do know that the app does run.
If you open the Task Manager, you will find the Razer Synapse in the background. Follow the instructions below:
1) On your keyboard, press Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys to open Task Manager.
2) Under the Process tab, right-click any Razer Synapse processes and select End Task.
3) Relaunch Razer Synapse to test your issue. If it still won’t work, then move on the try the solutions below.
If any of your Razer device drivers is old, missing or corrupted, the Razer Synapse may not work. Follow the easy steps below to ensure you have the correct driver for your Razer devices.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R (at the same time) to invoke the Run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3) Uninstall all your Razer devices.
They may probably locate under the Razer Device, Human Interface Devices, Keyboards, Mice or other pointing devices sections.
4) Remove all your Razer devices from your computer. Keep them disconnected for around 3 mins.
5) Plug all the Razer devices back in your computer. Windows will reinstall the drivers for your Razer devices automatically.
If Windows fails to reinstall the drivers, however, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy. It’s a tool that detects, downloads and (if you go Pro) installs any driver updates your computer needs.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers. Your Razer device drivers are no exception.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Open Razer Synapse to see if it goes without problem. If it’s running well, so great! If unfortunately, you still cannot open Razer Synapse, don’t give up hope, move onto Fix 2 then.
This issue might happen if there’s any corruption of Razer Synapse on your computer. In this case, you’ll need to go with the following steps to reinstall Razer Synapse to fix the error:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key to bring up the Start menu.
2) Type feature in the Search menu from Start and click Apps & features on the top.
3) Click Razer Synapse, then Uninstall.
4) Go to the official Razer website to download the latest version of Razer Synapse. Install and run the downloaded Razer Synapse to see if it runs without problem.
Have you fixed the Razer Synapse not opening problem? Which method helped? Feel free to comment below with your own experience or for any questions.