Fixes for Forza Horizon 5 Stuck on Loading Screen
- Check your internet connection
- Update your graphics driver
- Repair common disk issues
- Use a VPN
- Run in clean boot
- Reinstall the Forza 5
- Update Windows to the latest version
Fix 1 Check your internet connection
The Discord streams not loading issue could simply be a connection problem. Having a quick and simple check on your network connection should be your first fix to try.
- Reboot your network. Simply unplug your modem and router from their power supply. Wait for a minute to let them cool off and then plug them back to their power supply. This can help with better network connectivity by refreshing the RAM and renewing the IP address.
- Try using a LAN cable instead if you’re using Wi-Fi connection. Convenient as it is, yet most of the time Wi-Fi is not stable enough for computer games. A wired connection would be a better option for your network stability.
If network connection is not where the problem is, try the next method below.
Fix 2 Update your graphics driver
Outdated or corrupt drivers are the common reason for game crashing. Most game crashing errors can be fixed by updating your graphics driver. What’s more, the latest driver can improve your gaming experience. You can head to graphics manufacturers’ websites (like Nvidia or AMD) to download the latest drivers. However, if you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
It will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Or, you can click the Update button next to the flagged graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Fix 3 Repair common disk issues
Fixing common disk problems like errors, bad sectors, or file system corruption can resolve game freezing issues. Repairing the disk ensures proper installation and smooth reading of game data from the storage device, preventing bugs that lead to the Forza 5 getting stuck.
Follow the steps below to repair common disk issues:
- Go to This PC.
- Locate the disk drive where you have installed the Forza Horizon 5, Right-click on it and go to Properties.
- Go to the Tools tab, click Check, and then click Scan drive.
- It may take some time to finish scanning and repairing. Keep patience till then.
Now, play the Forza 5 and see if it has worked. If not, please read on and try the next fix.
Fix 4 Use a VPN
Using a VPN can help get around your Forza 5 getting stuck on loading screen due to connection issues. By encrypting your internet traffic and routing it through remote servers, a VPN provides a more stable and consistent connection that may resolve internet related problems.
Here’s how to use it:
- Download and install NordVPN.
- Run NordVPN, then choose a location you want to connect to.
- Check to see if you can open the website without problems this time. If yes, then you’ve worked around the issue. If no, please head on to Fix 7, below.
Fix 5 Run in clean boot
Some other programs may hinder the game’s smooth running as well, they can be fixed by performing a clean boot.
To do so, you can:
- Press the Windows logo key and R together on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type msconfig and click OK.
- Choose the Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft services box.
- Click Disable all and Apply. Then reboot your computer.
- Launch the Forza 5 after your PC restarts and see if it runs properly now.
If your issue persists, then move on to the next fix below.
Fix 6 Reinstall the Forza 5
Corrupted or missing game files could be another reason that causes the Forza 5 to stuck. Reinstalling it can resolve stuck issues by overwriting those game files with a fresh copy. Going through the full install process again ensures all necessary game data, updates, and patches are properly integrated.
Simply right click the Forza 5 on Steam, choose to Delete Local Content, and then Download it again will do the trick.
Fix 7 Update Windows to the latest version
Updating Windows to the latest version can resolve stuck issues by patching bugs, improving stability, and enhancing compatibility. Installing the most recent Windows updates provides critical security fixes, resolves system file corruption, and ensures games have access to the latest improvements and features needed to run smoothly without freezing.
To check for Windows updates, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows logo key and I at the same time to invoke Windows Settings app. Select Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates. It’ll try to download and install available updates. It might take a while.
- Wait until all the updates are installed. After that, restart your computer.
Hopefully you can fix the Forza 5 stuck on loading screen issues with the methods above. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave your comments below.