Does this look familiar?
If you’re on Windows 10, and while installing NVIDIA GTX 1070 driver, you’re seeing this error saying:
NVIDIA Installer cannot continue
This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows.
This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.
you’re not alone. Many Windows users are reporting it. But the good news is you can fix it easily by yourself.
How do I fix it?
Here’re 2 solutions you can try to fix this problem. Try the Solution 2 if the Solution 1 doesn’t work.
Solution 1: Update your GTX 1070 driver
Solution 2: Make sure the version of your Windows 10 not lower than 151
This problem is probably caused the old or incorrect GTX 1070 driver you’re trying to install. Updating the driver can resolve the problem.
To update it:
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged NVIDIA driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Reboot your Windows 10 to see if the error message still pops up.
This problem could be also caused by the old version of your Windows 10. The latest GeForce GTX 1070 driver requires a version from 1511 onwards of Windows 10.
To make sure you have the correct version of Windows 10:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2)Type winver and press Enter.
3) You should then see the version of your Windows 10.
4) If the version of your Windows 10 is lower than 1511, please update it.