Many players are reporting that Hitman 3 is having server issues, and they constantly get the “Connection Failed” error message.
If you’re experiencing the same issue and hitting the “Retry” button didn’t work, you may want to try the following fixes, which have helped many other players.
Try these fixes
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Reboot your network
- Allow Hitman 3 to run through Windows Firewall
- Update your network driver
- Run your game as an administrator
- Disable antivirus software
- Flush your DNS and Renew your IP
Fix 1: Reboot your network
Before you try any of the fixes below, you may want to simply restart your game and router. If restarting the game multiple times failed to launch the game, you’ll need to restart your network:
- Turn off everything that is connected to the network.
- Unplug your router first and your modem second. Things could be much easier if you have a router with a built-in modem.
- Wait at least 10 seconds.
- Plug your modem back in first and your router second.
- Grab yourself a cup of coffee, for this may take 2 to 3 minutes for your modem and router to fully boot up.
- Turn on your computer and connect to the Internet.
- Launch your game again and see if Hitman 3 works properly now.
Fix 2: Allow Hitman 3 to run through Windows Firewall
The Connection Failed error can happen if Windows Firewall is blocking your game. So be sure to check the Windows Firewall settings and let your Hitman 3 run through Windows Firewall. Here is how:
- In the Windows Search bar, type firewall and select Windows Defender Firewall.
- On the left pane, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Make sure your Hitman 3 is on the list, and also make sure it’s ticked for Private.
- If you don’t find Hitman 3, click Change settings.
- Click Allow another app…
- Add your Hitman 3 executable file. If you’re not sure where the game is installed, please follow these steps:
- Click on the game title in your library.
- Select Properties from the menu on the left.
- In the Local files section, press Open folder.
- Now launch your game again and test if the Hitman 3 connection failed error has been solved.
Fix 3: Update your network driver
The thing is when you click Play or Retry, your network adapter driver will be disabled instantly, thus causing you to get stuck in the world of disconnection. To fix this, you can try updating your network driver to resolve this issue.
You can manually update your network adapter driver by going to the manufacturer’s official website to download and install the correct network driver for your system.
You can do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to a flagged network adapter driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Fix 4: Run your game as an administrator
This might be triggered by limited administrative rights. So to make sure you can access all the game files, you can run Hitman 3 and Epic Games Launcher as administrators. Here’s how to run it as admin permanently:
- Right-click your Hitman 3 executable file (and game launcher), and select Properties.
- Select the tab Compatibility and check the box next to Run this program as an administrator. Then click Apply > OK.
- Next time you open your game launcher, it will launch in admin mode.
Fix 5: Disable antivirus software
Some antivirus software may block some features in Hitman 3 so that you can encounter the “connection failed” error. If you have installed antivirus software on your computer, you can disable it temporarily and check to see if the problem is resolved.
For some antivirus software, disabling them might not work. You can temporally uninstall it or add Hitman 3 to their exclusion lists.
Fix 6: Flush your DNS and Renew your IP
If you keep getting this “connection failed” error, you can try flushing your DNS and renewing your IP:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows Logo Key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog.
- Type cmd and then press Ctrl, Shift and Enter on your keyboard at the same time to run the Command Prompt as administrator.
- You will be prompted for permission. Click Yes to run the Command Prompt.
- Type the command line ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Then type the command line ipconfig /release and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Type the command line ipconfig /renew and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Play Hitman 3 again.
If the fixes above didn’t solve your Hitman 3 “connection failed” error, the culprit might be their end. You can keep an eye on IO Interactive Twitter updates for more information.
Hopefully, the fixes above can be of some help. If you have any questions, ideas, or suggestions, please feel free to leave your comments.