Don’t know how to check the refresh rate of your monitor? If so, you’ve come to the right place! It’s pretty easy! It only takes three steps! After reading this article, you should be able to do it quickly and easily on your own!
What is the refresh rate of a monitor?
The refresh rate of a monitor is the number of times the monitor refreshes images on the screen in a second. To most people, a monitor’s refresh rate doesn’t really matter. But for gamers, the refresh rate matters a lot. If you have a monitor with high refresh rate, you can definitely enjoy a better gaming experience.
Try these tips
You can check your monitor’s refresh rate easily on your Windows 10 PC. Here is how to do it:
- Right-click an empty area of the desktop, then click Display settings in the context menu.
- In the pop-up Window, Click Advanced display settings.
- Under Display information, you can view the refresh rate of the monitor you’re currently using.
- If your monitor supports different refresh rate, you can click Display adapter properties for Display 1 to change the refresh rate of your monitor.
- In the pop-up window, navigate to the Monitor tab. In the Monitor Settings section, click your current screen refresh rate to select a different refresh rate (if your monitor supports). Then click OK to apply the change.
If your monitor doesn’t support high refresh rate like 144 Hz, you can also gain a better gaming experience by updating your graphics driver. By updating your graphics driver to the latest version, you can also avoid many unexpected computer issues.
There are two ways to update your graphics driver: manually and automatically.
Update your graphics driver manually – You can update your graphics driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website, and searching for the latest driver for your graphics card.
Update your drivers automatically – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your graphics card driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to your graphics card to automatically download the correct version of its driver, then you can install it manually. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Please leave your comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.