How to Easily Update Graphics Driver in Windows
Update graphics drivers to get the best possible experience!
Updating your graphics card driver is a good method to improve the computer performance, and it’s important to choose the right and latest driver for your graphics card. This guideline introduces three easy methods to update graphics card driver.
How can I update my graphics driver
Here are the ways you can try to. You don’t need to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the way that works for you.
- Update graphics driver in Device Manager
- Update graphics driver manually
- Update graphics driver automatically (Recommended)
Why should I update my graphics card driver
The graphics card driver is vital for your Windows system to communicate properly with your graphics card. The missing or outdated video card drivers can cause issues, such as crashing issue or blue screen issue. Updating your drivers can prevent these problems and help your graphics card work again.
In addition, graphics card manufacturers keep releasing the new graphics drivers to improve the performance, especially for new games. So you should keep your graphics driver up to date in order to enjoy the best possible gaming experience.
How to check my graphics card in my computer
Before updating your graphics driver, you should know the model and manufacturer of graphics card in your computer. To check your graphics card:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type dxdiag and press Enter.
3) Wait for a few seconds for the app to load the information.
4) Click the Display tab, and you can see the display adapter information, including the driver name, manufacturer and version.
You can also check more details about How to Check Graphics Card in Windows.
You can update your graphics driver in Device Manager. To do so, follow the instructions below:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3) In Device Manager, double click Display adapters to expand it.
4) Right click your graphics card device, and select Update driver.
5) Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
6) Wait for it to search online for drivers.
7) Once the graphic driver is installed, you will be asked to restart your PC. Close the window and restart your computer.
As the manufacturers release the new drivers, you can manually download and update the latest graphics driver from the manufacturers’ websites.
Before updating the video adapter driver, you should know clearly the model and its manufacturer. If you don’t know, you can check this article for more details: How to Check Graphics Card in Windows.
When you search for the correct driver, you should go to the manufacturer’s official website to make sure the driver source is safe and secure. For example, go to NVIDIA, Intel, AMD according to the different graphics card you have.
Manually updating graphics driver requires time and computer skills. If you don’t have time or computer skills, you can try Method 3 to automatically update graphics drivers.
If you don’t have time or patience to manually update your graphics driver, you can update it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (you’ll have a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to your graphics driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer to make it take effect.
There you have it – three ways to update the graphics driver quickly and easily. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see what more we can do to help.