If your computer screen is sideways, don’t panic. This happens a lot to Windows users. And in fact, many people have resolved the computer screen sideways issue with the solutions in this post. So check it out…
Whether you’re getting a problem like screen is upside down or sideways in your computer or laptop, you can try the fixes below to resolve the problem quickly and easily.
What to do if my screen is sideway
It can be uncomfortable to follow the instructions below by reading the sideways computer screen, so it’s recommended using another computer or mobile phone screen to read and follow the steps.
- Fix the sideways screen with the keyboard combinations
- Fix the sideways screen via Display settings
- Pro Tip
This is rather a simple and easy method to fix the computer sideways in your computer or laptop. Here’s how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Ctrl key, Alt key, and Arrow key ( Up Arrow, Down Arrow, or Left Arrow key) at the same time to flip your Windows screen. This is the keyboard shortcuts to rotate computer screen in a fast and quick way.
2) If your computer screen rotates after pressing the keyboard combination, you can keep pressing until the computer screen sideways has been fixed and your screen flips to a proper orientation you want.
If your computer screen doesn’t rotate after the keyboard combination, it’s possible that the Hot Keys feature has been disabled. Try the steps below to make sure the Hot Keys feature is enabled:
1) Right click on the empty area on your desktop, and click Graphics Settings or Graphics Options.
2) Go to Hot Keys and make sure it’s Enabled.
3) Try the keyboard combinations again to flip your computer screen to the proper orientation.
You can also configure the Display settings in your Windows computer to fix the computer screen sideways issue. Here’s how to do it:
1) Right click on any empty area on your desktop, and click Display settings.
2) In the Display pane, from the Orientation drop menu: Landscape, Portrait, Landscape (flipped), and Portrait (flipped), select one orientation from the menu, until it rotates to the proper orientation that you want.
3) Once your computer screen displays properly and you’re satisfied with the current orientation, click Keep changes to save it. If not, click Revert or just wait for 15 seconds.
1) Click the Start button at the bottom left corner, and select Control Panel. And view your Control Panel items by category.
2) Click Adjust screen resolution in the Appearance and Personalization section.
3) From the Orientation drop menu: Landscape, Portrait, Landscape (flipped), and Portrait (flipped), select one orientation from the menu, until it rotates to the proper orientation that you want.
You’ll need to try each one to flip your computer screen to a proper orientation.
If you’re not satisfied with the current orientation you selected, click Revert or just wait 15 seconds. If you’re satisfied with the orientation, click Keep changes to save.
Why is your computer screen sideways? One of the possible causes is the driver faulty in your computer, such as your graphics card driver or your keyboard driver. As you may have known, the missing or outdated drivers in your computer can result in various computer issues, so you should verify that the device drivers in your computer are up to date, and update those that aren’t.
There are two ways to update device drivers in your computer: manually and automatically.
Manually: You can manually update your graphics card driver from the manufacturer, and install it in your computer. This requires time and computer skills.
Automatically: If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version, it takes just 2 clicks (and you will get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged device to automatically download the correct version of the driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Then install the driver in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) After updating, restart your computer to take effect. Then check if your desktop screen works properly now.
That’s it – Hope this post helps in resolving your computer screen sideways issue.