Many people reported that Fortnite won’t load, or Fortnite is not loading or stuck on loading screen, this is frustrating. But don’t worry. You can fix Fortnite not loading issue.
Why won’t Fortnite load? It’s likely that there are buggy issues in your game that stop your game from loading. Meanwhile your graphics card issue can also cause the Fortnite freezes on loading screen. Sometimes it’s hard to identify the reason, but there’s something you can do to fix it.
Try these fixes
Here are some solutions you can try. You don’t have to try them all; just work you way down the list until your Fortnite is running again.
- Reinstall Fortnite in your computer
- Set your graphics settings to Low
- Update your graphics card driver
- Run Fortnite as administrator
- Configure your computer settings
Since many technical problems can be resolved by restarting, it never hurts to restart your device, then open Fortnite again to see if it fixes the Fortnite not loading problem.
If your Fortnite still won’t load, or stuck on the loading screen, try reinstalling your game.
As there may be update or patch for Fortnite, you can reinstall your Fortnite to the latest version. This should fix some buggy issues and hopefully resolve your Fortnite loading issues.
If your problem still persists, don’t worry. There are other solutions.
If your game settings is set High, it’s possible that your Fortnite is not loading, since the graphics settings are too much to load for your computer. So you should set your Fortnite graphics settings to Low.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to your Fortnite Settings > Video Settings.
- Check the following video settings and adjust them respectively:
- Display Resolution: set to the same resolution to the resolution as your display in your computer
- Quality: low or medium
- View Distance: medium or far
- Shadows: off
- Anti-Aliasing: off
- Textures: low
- Effects: low
- Show FPS: On
Save your game settings, and restart your computer to see if your Fortnite loads properly.
The missing or outdated drivers in your computer can cause Fortnite won’t load, especially your graphics card driver and your network adapter driver. So you should verify that your graphics card drivers are up to date.
There are two ways to update your drivers: manually and automatically.
Manually update drivers – You can manually update your drivers by downloading the latest version of your drivers from manufacturers, and installing it in your computer. This requires time and computer skills.
Automatically update drivers – If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to your device to automatically download the latest drivers (you can do this with the FREE version). Then install the drivers in your computer.
Or click Update All the automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- Restart your computer to take effect.
Then launch Fortnite in your computer and see if it fixes your Fortnite not loading issues.
Still no luck? Okay, there’s something else to try.
Runing your game as administrator can grant admin rights to run your game in your computer, and this will hopefully fix Fortnite not loading problem.
- Open File Explorer, and go to the folder where your Fortnite was installed.
- Right click on the Fortnite executable and select Run as administrator.
- Click Yes to verify the UAC. If you’re prompted to enter your admin account and password, enter the information.
- Then you can run your Fortnite as admin.
Check if your game can load properly.
Your PC settings problem can be one of the possible causes for Fortnite not loading. If your computer is not configured properly, you can’t make full use of your system sources and will have the Fortnite not loading issue.
Below lists out some PC settings you can configure:
1. Change the number of boot processors
You should maximize the processors while booting up your computer, and this helps improve your game performance.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type msconfig and click OK.
- Click the Boot tab, select your Windows system, and click Advanced options.
- Check the box next to Number of processors, and select the highest number available. In my case I have the highest number of 4, so I select 4.
- Click OK to save. Then click Apply and OK to finish.
- You’ll be prompted a dialog to ask you to restart, select Exist without restart because you’ll have a restart after configuring the settings below.
2. Adjust settings in System Properties
To fix the issue if your Fortnite won’t load, you can also adjust your system settings:
- Open Control Panel in your computer, and sure to view by large icons or small icons.
- Click System.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- The System Properties pane will pop up. Under the Advanced tab, click the Settings button in the Performance section.
- Click the Advanced tab, and make sure to select Adjust for best performance of Programs. Then click Apply.
- Click Data Execution Prevention, and make sure to choose Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only. Then Click Apply and OK to save.
- Save your changes and restart your computer.
Launch your Fortnite and see if it will load properly.
So there you have it – Five effective eays to fix Fortnite not loading issue. If Fortnite won’t load in your computer, check these solutions. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below.