Why is there no sound in Kodi?Various reasons can cause the sound issue in Kodi. The hardware issues can cause the sound issue, such as your device that’s installed Kodi, and the audio cable faulty can also result in no sound issue. As you may already know, the old Kodi version and its add-ons can also lead to many issues, including the sound problem. Last but not least, the incorrect audio settings in Kodi can be one of the majot reasons as well. Sometimes it’s hard exactly identify the issue, and there are solution you should try. So before put your Kodi into the recycle bin, read on…
Try these fixes to solve no sound in Kodi
- Reinstall Kodi
- Update Kodi to the latest version
- Reconfigure the audio settings in Kodi
- Check the hardware issue
- Update the sound driver (if it happens in Windows)
- Run Kodi in another device
3) Click System settings.
4) Click Standard to change it to different settings mode, until you see Advanced in the left pane, then click Advanced to go to the Advanced settings.
5) Click Audio in the left pane, and adjust the audio settings to match your audio output device. If you’re not sure how to adjust the audio settings, click Audio Quickstart Guide in Kodi.
After reset the audio settings, restart your device and try it again to see if the sound is working now.
1. Check the audio cableMake sure that your audio cable works properly when you’re using Kodi TV box or speakers. You can try another audio cable or try your audio cable in another device to troubleshoot.
2. Check the connecting portsYou should simply take a look at the connecting ports and make sure they’re working properly. If you find the dust in the ports, use the brush to clean the brush and try it again.
3. Check the Bluetooth audio connectionIf you’re applying the Bluetooth audio connection, you should pay attention to the unstable Bluetooth connection, as the Bluetooth connection will be interfered by other signals. Turn off other Bluetooth connection you’re having, and try to turn off the Bluetooth connection for your Kodi, and turn it on to see if it works. Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee): 1) Download and install Drive Easy. 2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged sound driver to automatically download and install the correct version the this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All the automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer to make it take effect.