3 Simple Methods to Install PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver
PCI Simple Communication Controller Driver is Missing
P.CI Simple Communication Controller is always displayed in Device Manager with a yellow mark. You can always find it under category “Other devices”. It is not easy to manually download drivers for this device, as it can be different devices and the manufacturer is unknown. If you have this problem device, read on, and you will find how to fix this driver issue easily.
There are three methods you can use to update the driver. You can start at the top list and way your way down.
This way is update the driver manually via Device Manager. Follow below steps:
1. In Device Manager, right click on the device name and select Properties. Then Properties Window will open.
2. In “General” tab, click Update Driver button.
3. Click Search automatically for updated driver software. If Windows have drivers for the device, the driver will be updated automatically.
Windows sometimes fails to provide the proper drivers. If your PCI Simple Communication Controller driver cannot be updated by using Windows, you can use its hardware id to find the right driver. Every device has its own hardware id, so does PCI Simple Communication Controller.
1. In Properties Window, click Details tab.
2. Under “Property”, select Hardware Ids.
3. Right-click on the hardware id and click Copy. (If there are more than one values, copy the longest one.)
4. Copy and paste the hardware id to the browser you are using. Use “hardware id+driver+Windows OS” to search the specific driver. The link with right result will always be listed on top of first result page. Then you can go to the link and follow instructions to download the driver.
If above two methods doesn’t resolve the problem or if you have difficulty updating the drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1. Download and install Driver Easy.
2. Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3. If you know what device PCI Simple Communication Controller indicates (In most cases, the PCI Simple Communication Controller is Intel(R) Management Engine Interface), find it in the driver list displayed by Driver Easy. Then click the Update button to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
If you are not sure what device it is, click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).