How to Uninstall or Disable Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
You can uninstall or disable Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 easily; just follow the instructions below step by step.
If you’like to disable Microsoft Edge, click the first link for the detailed steps; If you’d like to uninstall Microsoft Edge, click the second link for the detailed steps.
This is by far the easiest way for you to do if you want to disable your Edge browser. Here is how you can do it:
1) Go to C:\Windows\SystemApps. Highlight the Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder.
2) Right-click the Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder and click Rename.
3) We rename it here as Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbweold. Let your creative juices flows. 🙂
4) Click Continue.
5) There, your Edge browser should be disabled.
if you want your Edge back, just change the folder name back.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and S at the same time, type powershell and click Windows PowerShell.
2) In the pop-up blue window, type in the following command:
When you are sure that you have made no typo, hit the Enter button on your keyboard.
3) You’ll be able to see the detail location of your Microsoft Edge.
4) Type “remove-appxpackage” in the Powershell window. Hit the Space button on your keyboard. Then copy the address next to the item PackageFullName and paste it after the command you just typed in. You can check the screenshot if you are not sure about it.
5) There you go. Your Edge browser should be removed now.
If you have the latest build of Windows 10, this method might not work as expected. If that is the case, you should go back to option 1 and disable Edge instead of removing it.