If you ever get messages like:
- iPhone driver is not installed. Waiting for Windows Update;
- The driver required for this iPhone is not installed. Please check your Windows Update settings;
- Driver not installed. iTunes is waiting for Windows Update to install the driver for this iPhone. You may need to use the Windows Settings app to check for updates.
don’t worry. You can easily fix this by updating your iPhone driver.
To fix iPhone driver is not installed. Waiting for Windows Update
There’re 2 ways to update your iPhone driver in Windows: manually or automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update your iPhone driver manually by going to Apple’s website, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your Windows version.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your video and monitor drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct iPhone driver, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to your the driver for your iPhone to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install it.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer and check if your iPhone driver is not installed. waiting for windows update problem has been resolved.