Amazon’s MMO New World has a very engaging and in-depth system that attracts gamers to play the game. But there’re bugs and technical mishaps such as constantly freezing that may frustrate you.
New World does have a support service, but they’re experiencing long wait times connecting to an associate for New World queries, but you’re not alone, there are fixes that we’ve gathered from gamers that may help you solve the issue.
Try these fixes:
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Update your graphics driver
- Verify the integrity of game files
- Rollback NVIDIA driver
- Underclock your GPU core
- Lower your graphics settings
- Reset your system without losing data
- Move the files to the SSD drive
Fix 1: Update your graphics driver
The constant freezing might indicate a driver issue. If your driver is updated it might cause the freezing issue. We suggest you should always keep your driver up to date for the best in-game performance.
Both NVIDIA and AMD have published the New World compatible GPU driver, you can update your graphics driver manually, by visiting the manufacturer’s website (NVIDIA/AMD), finding the latest correct installer, and installing it step-by-step.
But if you don’t have the time or patience to install manually, you can do that automatically with Driver Easy.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
(This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to pay for the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you need with the free version; you just have to download them one at a time, and manually install them, the normal Windows way.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
After updating your drivers, reboot your PC and relaunch the New World again.
If the latest graphics driver doesn’t fix the problem, you can move to the next fix.
Fix 2: Verify the integrity of game files
New World is a large AAA title game that is easily freezing when there are missing or corrupted files. Therefore, verifying the integrity of your game files is a common fix for the freezing issue.
- Open your Steam client and go to LIBRARY. Right-click New World and select Properties.
- In the left pane, select LOCAL FILES. Then click Verify integrity of game files.
- Allow the checking to complete. Then you can start New World and see if it freezes again.
If the problem persists, take a look at the next fix below.
Fix 3: Rollback NVIDIA driver
Some gamer has reported they fixed freezing by reverting back to a previous NVIDIA driver. If updating your driver to the latest version doesn’t help, maybe you can try this fix.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R together to invoke the run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click the OK button.
- Expand the Display adapters branch. Right-click the Nvidia graphics card device and click Properties.
- Click the Driver tab. Then click Roll Back Driver.
- Then you will get a pop-up window like below. Click the Yes button. Then the driver will be restored to the previously installed version.
- Restart your PC for the change to take effect.
If this fix doesn’t bring luck, take a look at the next fix below.
Fix 4: Underclock your GPU core
Many gamers overclock graphics cards for better performance. Usually, the higher you overclock your GPU, the more processing power you get. But for the New World freezing issue, underclocking your GPU core could be the solution.
It sounds strange, but it works for some people and it’s worth trying.
- Download MSI Afterburner.
- Install MSI Afterburner.
- Open the software and find your graphics card.
- Because of the different PC environments, you may need to keep adjusting the Core Clock until you’re no longer freezing.
Here we suggest underclocking your GPU Core Clock by 400 MHz and memory clock 500 MHz.
- In MSI Afterburner, change your power limit to 80%.
- Save the profile and relaunch New World to check.
If it’s still not working, try the next fix.
Fix 5: Lower your graphics settings
The freezing issue usually relates to the graphics settings, some players indicate after they capped their FPS and lower graphics settings, the freezing issue was gone.
- Open New World. On the top right corner, click the gear icon to open settings.
- In the left pane, select Visuals. Then set Max FPS 60 fps.
In most cases, 60 fps is enough. But some gamer replies they’ve lower to 30 FPS.
- Play New World to check.
If changing graphics settings don’t give you luck, continue to the next fix below.
Fix 6: Reset your system without losing data
It’s always important to keep your Windows up to date. But if your system is up-to-date, you can try to reset the Windows system. We all know resetting your Windows system will delete all the data on your hard drive, you have to back up all your important files before doing it.
However, with Fortect, there’s no need for lengthy back-ups, support phone calls, or risk to your personal data. It can reset Windows to the state exactly when it was just installed without affecting third-party software. What’s more, this software could detect issues that reduce your internet speed.
- Download and install Fortect.
- Open Fortect and click Yes to run a free scan of your PC.
- Fortect will scan your computer thoroughly. This may take a few minutes.
- Once done, you’ll see a detailed report of all the issues on your PC. To fix them automatically, click START REPAIR. This requires you to purchase the full version. But don’t worry. If Fortect doesn’t solve the issue, you can request a refund within 60 days.
Once you’ve finished the process, restart your PC and check if New World freezing again.
Fix 7: Move the files to the SSD drive
If your drive has an unknown issue, it would affect the game while playing. Some gamers have fixed the freezing issue by moving the game files to SSD drive and setting the New World as a high priority.
If you haven’t tried it, give it a go it might help.
Hopefully, this post helps you stop New World from constantly freezing issue. If you have any ideas or questions, feel free to leave a comment and we’ll get back to you.