No Scanners Were Detected [Fixed]
Does this look familiar? When you’re trying to use the scanner in your office, you may periodically run into this error message: No scanners were detected. Calm down and you are far away from alone. This article guidelines 3 solutions to solve No scanners were detected issue easily and quickly.
How do I fix No scanners were detected?
Why does No scanners were detected happen in my computer?
Generally, the hardware device should start working after turning on. But if your Windows can’t detect your scanner, it’s possibly because of the scanner itself, the cable or the software problem in your computer.
Try the following methods to troubleshoot the problem and solve No scanners were detected issue step by step.
As mentioned above, one of the possible causes is the scanner itself, especially when your printer works but the scanner doesn’t. Try the steps below to troubleshoot.
Step 1: Check if the scanner is powered on
If the scanner is turned off, your computer cannot connect to it, so it fails to be detected.
Check if you plug the scanner to the power source, and check the switch button to power on the scanner.
Step 2: Check the cables are working properly
Sometimes the cable issue can also cause the problem. Make sure that the cables are working properly, and plugged correctly and firmly at both ends. If possible, you can try another cable to plug in your scanner to see if it’s the cables faulty.
If it’s a wireless printer or scanner, check the wireless connection properly.
Step 3: Check the network connection
Connecting to the scanner requires the Internet connection, so make sure that you have a good Internet connection during the process.
In addition, some scanners don’t support scanning over the network. You can check with the manufacturer, or check the product manual to see if your scanner supports the network scan.
If unfortunately, it’s not capable of the network scan, you can’t directly use the scanner from your computer over the Internet. If it supports the network scan, and your computer doesn’t detect it, stick around and check the methods below.
check for sure that you have configured it correctly by the manual. If the problem still persists, you can try to add the scanner as a new device in your Windows. Follow the instructions:
1) Plug and connect your scanner properly. Make sure it’s powered on during the process.
2) Type Control Panel in the search box at the bottom left corner, and click Control Panel to open it.
3) Click Devices and Printers.
4) Click Add a device on the upper left.
5) You Windows will start searching a printer or scanner for you. And you’ll see the devices listed in the box.
6) Select the printer or scanner you are trying to connect, and click Next.
7) Your Windows starts to install the printer or scanner for you, and wait for the process to complete.
8) Re-open the Windows Fax & Scan app or your printer/scanner software, and try to connect to your scanner and scan again to see if it works.
The missing or outdated device driver probably leads to the no scanners detected issue. The communication process breaks down and the device doesn’t function properly if there is something wrong with the drivers for your printer or scanner. So you can try to update the scanner driver in your computer to solve the no scanners detected issue. There are two ways to update drivers for your scanner:
Way 1- Manually: You may need to first download the latest drivers from the website, like HP, Canon, Brother. Please check for sure to find the one that matches with your Windows OS and processor type, and install it in your computer. This requires the time and computer skills.
Way 2 – Automatically (Recommended): You can try an all-in-one tool to automatically update the drivers in your computer with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to your printer/scanner to download the latest and correct driver for this device. You can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click on Update All).
4) Restart your computer, then check to see if your scanner can be detected.
Here are the 3 simple methods to solve No scanners were detected. Feel free to comment below and share with us your thoughts.