In Windows 10, if you’re having issues with Intel HD Graphics driver, you may not be able to watch videos or play games as usual. In addition, the PC may run slowly. You can fix the issues by updating the Intel graphics driver.
We’ve put together three ways below to update the driver. Not every way works in all situations. You can work your way down until you find the one that works for you.
Intel has released Windows 10 drivers for their vast majority of display cards. You can go to Intel’s website and find the right driver. Please make sure you find the right version, as incompatible or wrong driver can cause issues.
After downloading the driver, you can just double-click on the installer file (.exe) to install the driver. If you cannot install the driver successfully in that way, follow the steps below to update the driver manually step by step.
1. Type control panel in search box and clicking Control Panel on the pop-up menu to open Control Panel.
2. View by Small icons. Click Device Manager.
3. In Device Manager, expand the category Display adapters. Right click on the Intel graphics device and select Update driver…
4. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Click Browse to navigate to the location where you save the downloaded driver file. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
You can update the Intel graphics driver through Windows Update:
1. Click the Start menu and click Settings.
2. In Settings Window, click Update & security.
3. In UPDATE & SECURITY, click Windows Update, then click Check for updates. You may need to a few minutes while Windows is searching for the latest updates.
4. Click the link that tells you optional updates are available. (If you don’t see this link, it means Windows Update didn’t find any updates for your computer.)
5. Select the driver you want to install, click OK, and then click Install updates.
If Way 1 and Way 2 don’t work for you, or if you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1. Download and install Driver Easy.
2. Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3. Click the Update button next to a flagged Intel graphics card driver to automatically download the correct version of the driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Hopefully you can update the Intel HD graphics driver in Windows 10 successfully. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave your comments below.