Does this look familiar?
If you’re on Windows, and you’re seeing this error saying: Control Panel Extension is Incompatible with Driver Version, you’re not alone. Many Windows users are reporting it. But the good news is you can fix it easily by yourself.
This problem is mostly caused by your old or incompatible pointing device driver. If you just updated your pointing device driver, please restart your computer to see if the error disappears. If not, go with the following guide to uninstall and reinstall your pointing device driver.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3) Right-click on your pointing device driver in Mouse and other pointing devices. Then click Uninstall device.
4) Download the latest pointing device driver from your computer manufacturer’s website and install it on your computer.
If you’re a computer novice and have no idea how to update your device drivers, we recommend using Driver Easy. It’s a tool that detects, downloads and (if you go Pro) installs any driver updates your computer needs.
To update your drivers with Driver Easy, just click the Scan Now button, then when it lists the drivers you need to update, click Update. The correct drivers will be downloaded, and you can install them – either manually through Windows or all automatically with Driver Easy Pro.
5) Reboot your Windows and check to see if the problem disappears.