With the full game being launched on Steam, now you can operate your own gas station in Gas Station Simulator. However, some players reported that the game keeps crashing on their PC. If you happen to be one of them, don’t worry. Here are some working fixes you can try.
Before you start
Before you begin to troubleshoot the crashing issue in Gas Station Simulator, you need to make sure your PC meets the game’s minimum requirements.
|OS||Windows 7/10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel Core i3 3.0 GHz|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB VRAM|
|Memory||4 GB RAM|
After confirming that your computer is powerful enough to run the game, read on and try the fixes below.
Try these fixes
You might not need to try them all. Simply work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick.
- Install the latest game patch
- Verify the integrity of game files
- Run the game as administrator
- Update your graphics driver
- Check your antivirus settings
- Perform a clean boot
Fix 1: Install the latest game patch
Recently, the Gas Station Simulator developer has released a new hotfix that resolves random crashes while playing. The developer has acknowledged that Texture Streaming was responsible for a significant amount of random crashes in various circumstances. Those crashes have been fixed in the latest update. So before you try anything more complicated, make sure you have installed the latest game patch.
If the game still keeps crashing after installing the latest update, check out the next fix.
Fix 2: Verify the integrity of game files
If there are any missing or corrupted game files, you’re more likely to encounter crashing issues with your game. To fix it, you can scan and repair your game files via Steam. Here’s how:
- Go to your Steam Library.
- Right-click Gas Station Simulator and select Properties….
- Navigate to the LOCAL FILES tab and select Verify integrity of game files….
- Steam will verify the game’s files. This process may take several minutes.
Once done, relaunch the game and check if your problem is resolved.
If the crashing issue persists, continue to the next fix.
Fix 3: Run the game as administrator
Some programs need administrator rights to function properly on your PC. To ensure that Gas Station Simulator has the full rights it needs, you can run this game as an administrator. Here’s how:
- Right-click the executable file of Gas Station Simulator and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab, then check the box next to Run this program as an administrator and click OK to save changes.
Once you have done this, restart Steam and try launching the game again to see if your problem has been resolved.
If the crashing issue remains, move on to the next fix.
Fix 4: Update your graphics driver
Graphics driver is essential to the functioning of video games. If you’re using a faulty or outdated graphics driver, you’re more likely to encounter the crashing issue in Gas Station Simulator. To fix the potential problem and get the best performance, you should always ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card installed.
One way to do that is to visit the manufacturer’s website (NVIDIA, AMD or Intel) and search for your model, then download and install the latest graphics driver manually. But if you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact graphics card, and your Windows version, then it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version — you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Or click the Update button next to the flagged graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
After updating your graphics driver, restart your computer and launch Gas Station Simulator to see if the game crashes again.
If updating your graphics driver doesn’t work for you, proceed to the next fix.
Fix 5: Check your antivirus settings
Some antivirus programs could block your game from running and cause the game to crash. To see if that’s the case for you, you can temporarily disable your antivirus.
If Gas Station Simulator stops crashing after you disable the antivirus, you’ll need to whitelist Steam and the game. This process will vary depending on the antivirus software you’re using.
But if the game remains crashing after disabling your antivirus, go ahead with the next fix.
Fix 6: Perform a clean boot
The programs running in the background could interfere with your game. To fix it, you can perform a clean boot to figure out if the crash was caused due to a software conflict. To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialog box. Type msconfig and click OK.
- In System Configuration, navigate to the Services tab and check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Uncheck all the services EXCEPT those belong to your video card or sound card manufacturer, such as Realtek, AMD, NVIDIA and Intel. Then click OK to save the changes.
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl, Shift and Esc at the same time to open Task Manager, then navigate to the Startup tab.
- One at a time, select any programs you suspect might be interfering and click Disable.
- Restart your computer.
Relaunch Gas Station Simulator to check if the game crashes again. If not, you can try to enable services one by one until you find the problematic software. Then restart your computer to apply the changes.
Once you find out the problematic program that causes the game to crash, you just need to uninstall it to avoid game crashing issues in the future.
That’s it! Hopefully, one of the fixes above helped you fix the Gas Station Simulator crashing issue. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave us a comment below.