Game crashing issues can really ruin a playful experience.
If you’re playing Mordhau and it keeps crashing that you can’t even get through a whole match without the game closing to the desktop, you’re certainly not alone! Many players are reporting it.
But the good news is that you can fix it. Here are 8 solutions to try.
8 simple fixes to try:
You may not have to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works.
- Meet the minimum system requirements
- Run the game as an administrator
- Disable your antivirus temporarily
- Verify the integrity of game files
- Update your graphics driver
- Change PC power settings
- Configure your virtual memory
- Reinstall Mordhau
Fix 1: Meet the minimum system requirements
To run Mordhau smoothly on your PC, ensure your computer meets the game’s minimum system requirements.
Here are the minimum requirements to play Mordhau:
|OS:||Windows 7 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 10 64 Bit|
|Processor:||Intel Core i5 – 4670 or AMD equivalent|
|Memory:||8 GB RAM|
|Graphics:||NVIDIA GTX 680 or AMD equivalent|
|Storage:||20 GB available space|
Follow the instructions below to view your computer hardware information:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialog.
2) Type dxdiag and click OK.
3) Check your operating system, processor, and memory.
4) Click the Display tab, and then check your graphics card’s information.
Make sure your system specs meet the requirements, then move on and try the fix below.
Fix 2: Run the game as an administrator
Certain game files on your PC may require administrative access before using. If you’re running the game under normal user mode, it might not be able to access some files and crashes.
To see if that’s the problem for you, follow the instructions below:
1) If you’re running Steam now, right-click the Steam icon on the taskbar and select Exit.
2) Right-click the Steam icon and select Run as administrator.
3) Click Yes.
4) Restart Mordhau.
If your issue persists, go ahead with the next fix.
Fix 3: Disable your antivirus temporarily
Your problem is sometimes caused by interference from antivirus software. To see if that’s the problem for you, temporarily disable your antivirus program and check if the problem persists. (Consult your antivirus documentation for instructions on disabling it.)
If Mordhau works properly after you disable the antivirus software, contact the vendor of your antivirus software and ask them for advice, or install a different antivirus solution.
If this didn’t work for you, try the fix below.
Fix 4: Verify the integrity of game files
If Mordhau still won’t launch properly or crashes every now and then, try verifying the integrity of game files to see if any files are damaged or missing. Here is how to do it:
1) Run Steam client.
2) Click LIBRARY.
3) Right-click Mordhau and select Properties.
4) Click the LOCAL FILES tab, and then click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES.
5) Relaunch Mordhau to test your issue.
If Mordhau is still crashing, move on and check the fix, below.
Fix 5: Update your graphics driver
Having the latest correct graphics driver can help you get the best performance out of your hardware and fix common game issues such as game crash, lag, or abnormal display.
There are two ways you can get the right driver for your graphics card: manually or automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update your graphics driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for your graphics product, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only driver that is compatible with your Windows version.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your graphics driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your graphics product, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) Relaunch the game to see if it runs correctly.
If your problem persists, move on to Fix 6.
Fix 6: Change PC power settings
Windows sets all computers to the Balanced power plan by default. This means that your computer may slow down to save energy, which can cause Mordhau to crash. To see if that’s the problem for you, try changing your power plan to High Performance. Here is how:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type control. Then, click Control panel.
2) Under View by, click Large icons.
3) Select Power Options.
4) Select High Performance.
Balanced: Balanced automatically adjust your CPU’s speed according to your computer’s need.
High Performance: High Performance mode keeps your PC running at high speeds most of the time. Your computer will generate more heat under this mode.
5) Restart your computer and Mordhau to test your issue.
If your game is still unplayable, move on to the fix below.
Fix 7: Configure your virtual memory
Virtual memory is basically an extension of your computer’s physical memory. It is a combination of RAM and a portion of your hard drive. If your computer runs out of RAM when performing an intensive task, Windows will dip into virtual memory for temporary file storage.
Try optimizing your virtual memory to see if it fixes Mordhau crashing issues. Here is how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type advanced system settings.
2) Click View advanced system settings.
3) Click Settings.
4) Click the Advanced tab, and then click Change.
5) Uncheck the box next to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
6) Click your C drive.
7) Click the option button next to Custom size, and then type 4096 in the text box next to Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB).
8) Click Set, and then click OK.
9) Restart your computer and Mordhau.
If you’re still having trouble running Mordhau, don’t fret. There is still 1 more fix to try.
Fix 9: Reinstall Mordhau
If none of the fixes above helped, reinstalling Mordhau is very likely the solution to your problem. Here is how:
1) Run Steam.
2) Click LIBRARY.
3) Right-click Mordhau and select Uninstall.
4) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time.
5) Type %LocalAppData%, then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
6) Right-click the Mordhau folder, then select Delete.
7) Reinstall Mordhau from Steam.
8) Try launching your game to test your issue.
Hopefully, this article helped in resolving your problem! If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.