How to fix the Minecraft no sound issue on PC [Easily]
Recently, many Minecraft players find that there is no sound when they play Minecraft on PC. If you also happen to run into this annoying issue, you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, we provide you with several fixes for you to try. You should be able to fix the Minecraft no sound issue easily with one of the fixes in this article.
Fixes to try:
- Check if you muted Minecraft by accident
- Try the F3 + S or F3 + T key combination
- Change the “Mipmap Levels” option in the video settings
- Configure the sound settings of your Windows system
- Update your audio driver
- Reinstall your Minecraft
Before you try the fixes below, make sure that you didn’t mute your PC or your Minecraft by accident. Follow the instructions to check if you muted your PC or Minecraft by accident:
- Try playing a song on your PC. If you can hear it clearly, it means that you don’t mute your PC; if you can’t hear it, move your mouse to the notification area (on the lower-right corner) and right-click the Volume icon. Then select Open Volume Mixer.
- Hold and drag the slider under Minecraft to turn up its volume.
- If there is still no sound in your Minecraft, follow the steps below to check the audio settings of Minecraft.
- Launch Minecraft and click Options… (or Settings).
- Click Music & Sound… or Audio to view the audio settings of the game.
- Make sure all of the audio settings are set to 100%. Click Done to save the settings.
- Launch Minecraft and click Options… (or Settings).
Run your Minecraft again to check if the no sound issue persists. If so, try the next fix.
If you run into the no sound issue when you play Minecraft, try pressing F3 and S at the same time on your keyboard to force reload the game. If this key combination doesn’t work, then try pressing F3 and T at the same time. Many players have resolved the MInecraft no sound issue by this fix.
Wait several seconds and then check if the no sound issue reappears. If not, it suggests that you’ve fixed this issue. If the Minecraft no sound issue persists, don’t worry! There’re more fixes for you to try.
If your Minecraft is JAVA Edition, try changing the “Mipmap Levels” option in the video settings to see if this annoying issue persists. Here is how to do it:
- Launch Minecraft. Then click Options….
- Click Video Settings….
- Move the slider to change Mipmap Levels. Then click Done to save the changes.
- Run your Minecraft again to see if this annoying issue persists. If it reappears, try configuring the sound settings of your Windows system.
You may run into the Minecraft no sound issue if you didn’t correctly configure the sound settings of your Windows System. Follow the instructions below to configure the sound settings of your Windows system:
- Move your mouse to the notification area (on the lower-right corner) and right-click the Volume icon. Then select Sound.
- navigate to the Playback tab. Select your default playback device and then click Configure.
- For Audio channels, select Stereo and click Next.
- Check the box next to Front left and right. Then click Next.
- Click Finish to save the new settings.
Launch MInecraft to check if the no sound issue is fixed. If not, try updating your audio driver.
A missing or outdated audio driver in your computer can cause the Minecraft no sound issue, so make sure your audio driver is up to date.
There are two ways to update your audio driver: manually and automatically.
Manually update the driver: You should go to the manufacturer website of your sound card, find the latest version of the driver and install it in your computer. Ensure to download the latest correct driver that is compatible with your computer operating system. This requires time and computer skills.
Automatically update the driver: If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to your sound card to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can install it manually. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).If you have any issue with Driver Easy, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com for advice. You should attach the URL of this article so they can help you better.
If all the fixes above fail to help you resolve the Minecraft no sound issue, try reinstalling your Minecraft. By reinstalling the game, you may resolve this annoying issue. Here is how to do it:
If you downloaded Minecraft from Microsoft Store:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type minecraft. In the list of search result, right-click MInecraft app and select Uninstall to uninstall MInecraft.
- Download Minecraft from Microsoft Store and reinstall it on your PC.
If you downloaded Minecraft JAVA Edition from its official website:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Then type control and press Enter to open the Control Panel.
- View the Control Panel by Category. Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click Minecraft and then select Uninstall to uninstall it.
- Download MInecraft from its official website. Then reinstall it on your PC.
Launch Minecraft after you reinstall the game. Normally, the no sound issue will be fixed after the re-installation.
Hopefully one of the fixes above can help you resolve the Minecraft no sound issue. Please leave your comment below if you have any questions.