Are you upset by your Logitech C920 webcam? It’s not working or no longer recognized by your computer? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Come and read this post to fix your problem.
Before trying any complicated fixes, make sure your Logitech C920 webcam is working properly. You can test it on another computer.
Try these fixes:
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Fix 1: Go to privacy settings
The problem may be caused by Windows Privacy settings. It’s possible that Windows Privacy blocks the Logitech Webcam.
- Press the Windows logo key + I and click Privacy.
- In the left pane, click Camera and make sure Allow apps to access your camera is on. Scroll down to turn on the app you allow to access your camera.
- In the left pane, click Microphone and make sure Allow apps to access your camera is on. Scroll down to turn on the app you allow to access your camera.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Logitech software
It’s possible that the Logitech software could be the reason for the issue. Remove the Logitech software and download from the official website, then install it.
- Press the Windows logo key + R together.
appwiz . cpland press Enter on your keyboard.
- Right-click on Logitech software and select Uninstall.
- During the uninstall process, only select THE DRIVER.
- Finish the uninstall process and run camera again. It should be working with your software.
- But if it doesn’t help, you can uninstall the whole software and go to the Logitech website to re-download.
- Then install it and reboot it to check.
There’s another situation that
Fix 3: Reinstall your drivers
Outdated or wrong drivers could cause trouble. When you meet computer problems but no clue to fix it, you can update related drivers for a try. Keep your drivers updated can help you enhance device functions to improve the computer performance.
There are two ways you can update your drivers: manually and automatically.
Option 1 – Manually– You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way, because you need to find exactly the right the driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended)– This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
You can download graphics drivers from the manufacturer official website. Search for the model you have and find the correct driver that suits your specific operating system. Then download the driver manually.
Option 2 – Automatically update drivers
If you don’t have time or patience to manually update drivers, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Be sure to attach the URL of this article if needed for more expedient and efficient guidance.
Fix 4: Disable conflict apps
There’s a situation that your webcam stops working because of other programs. It’ll say the camera is in use by another program. To fix the problem, you can disable the task by using Task Manager.
The conflict apps could be Skype, Discord or others.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open the Task Manager.
- Find the conflict app and click End task.
- Reboot your camera to check.
Hope this post could help you fix the issue. If you have any problems or suggestions, you’re welcome to leave comments below.