Can’t get Logitech Options working on your computer? Logitech Options not detecting your device? Don’t worry, here’re some quick fixes you can try.
Try these fixes
You might not need to try all the methods. Simply work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Check and update your device driver
- Reinstall Logitech Options
- Install all the Windows update
- Reinstall the device driver
Fix 1: Check and update your device driver
This problem could happen when you’re using a faulty or outdated mouse or USB driver. In the worst case, this could mean your computer is missing some critical drivers. When troubleshooting device issues, checking & updating your device driver is a great place to start.
You can do this manually, if you like, by visiting each manufacturer’s download page, finding the right drivers, etc. But that takes time and computer skills. If you’re not comfortable playing with device drivers, we recommend using Driver Easy. It’s a tool that detects, downloads and installs any driver updates your computer needs.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy, then click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
(This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to pay for the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you need with the free version; you just have to download them one at a time, and manually install them, the normal Windows way.)
Once you’ve installed/updated device drivers, restart your computer and check if Logitech Options is working correctly.
Fix 2: Reinstall Logitech Options
Logitech Options sometimes won’t work if something went wrong during installation. In that case, your best bet is to do a clean reinstallation.
- First you need to uninstall Logitech Options. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run box. Type or paste control appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Double-click Logitech Options to uninstall. Once you’re done, restart your computer.
- Visit the official website to download the latest Logitech Options installer. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install.
After reinstalling Logitech Options, open it and see if it works properly.
If this method doesn’t work for you, check out the next one.
Fix 3: Install all the Windows update
Windows updates provide security patches and bug fixes, making it a potential fix to your Options not working issue. Here’re the steps for you to install all Windows updates on Windows 10 or 7.
If you’re using Windows 10:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time. This will open the Windows Settings app. Click Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates. Windows will search and install available updates automatically. Once completed, restart your computer.
If you’re on Windows 7:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key. Then Select Control Panel.
- Select System and Security.
- Select Windows Update.
- Click Install updates. Once it’s done, reboot your computer.
After updating your system, open Logitech Options and see if it’s working now.
If installing Windows updates doesn’t give you any luck either, take a look at the next fix below.
Fix 4: Reinstall the device driver
Some users reported that reinstalling the device driver got their Options working again. If you’ve tried all the methods above and none works, you can try to reinstall your device driver.
- First make sure you’ve uninstalled your Logitech Options.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box. Type or paste devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Select Human Interface Devices. Right-click Logitech USB Input Device and select Uninstall device.
- In the pop-up window, check the box next to Delete the driver software for this device. Then click Uninstall.
- Restart your computer and download Logitech Options from the official website.
So these are the fixes to your Logitech Options not working issue. Hopefully, Logitech Options is working properly on your computer. If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave a comment and we’ll get back to you.