Recently, there are some issues with Easy Anti-Cheat and Steam which prevent players from accessing New World (players trying to launch Apex Legends also have encounter this issue). If you’re also having the Easy Anti-Cheat Untrsted System File error and unable to load New World after the Steam update, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered with some fixes. You don’t need to download .dll files from strangers as it may contain viruses.
Try these fixes
You may not need to try them all; simply work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Repair Easy Anti-Cheat
- Verify integrity of game files
- Update your device drivers
- Update Windows
- Repair your Windows system files
1. Repair Easy Anti-Cheat
The Easy Anti-Cheat service is typically installed automatically with each game. But somehow, your Easy Anti-Cheat installation becomes corrupted.
In this case, you need to repair it.
- Open the New World application on your Steam library and click on the gear icon on the far right to open Settings. Then select Manage > Browse Local Files.
- Open the EasyAntiCheat folder.
- Right-click the EasyAntiCheat_Setup executable file and select Run as administrator.
- Click Yes.
- Select New World from the drop-down menu and click Repair Service.
If you can’t see New World in the drop-down, restart your game. Maybe the registry needs to be updated.
If this doesn’t work for you, try the next fix below.
2. Verify integrity of game files
You’re most likely to have issues with launching your game properly when your game files are missing or corrupted. To make sure the data is intact and up to date, you need to verify the integrity of your game files.
- Restart your computer and launch Steam.
- Go to LIBRARY and then right click New World and select Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files… button.
Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes. Once it’s finished, remember to update your game.
If your problem persists, proceed to the next fix.
3. Update your device drivers
A driver is an essential piece of software that lets your system communicate with your hardware. If the device drivers are outdated, noticeable performance problems would surface. When there are error messages popping up while launching a program, you should consider if you’re using any outdated drivers.
You may doubt if updating drivers can make any difference. The answer is yes. Driver updates can give you a speed boost, fix problems, and sometimes even provide you with completely new features. So why not attempt to check for drivers updates and check how it works.
To update your device drivers, you can either do it manually via the Device Manager or head to the manufacturer’s driver download page to download and install the exact drivers for your system. This requires a certain level of computer knowledge and can be a headache if you aren’t tech-savvy. Therefore, we would like to recommend you use an automatic driver updater such as Driver Easy. With Driver Easy, you don’t need to waste your time hunting for driver updates as it will take care of the busy work for you.
Below are the easy steps to update your device drivers with Driver Easy.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any devices with missing or outdated drivers.
- Click Update All. Driver Easy will then download and update all your outdated and missing device drivers, giving you the latest version of each, direct from the device manufacturer.
(This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to upgrade to the Pro version, you can also update your drivers with the FREE version. All you need to do is to download them one at a time and manually install them. )
After updating your drivers, restart your PC and try to load into your game. If this doesn’t do the trick, try the next fix below.
4. Update Windows
System files that the game relies on may be missing. So you need to make sure all the latest updates for your operating system are installed.
- In the Search box, type in check for updates. Click Check for updates from results.
- Click on the Check for updates tab. If there are any updates available, it’ll automatically start to download and install it. Simply wait for it to complete and you should be asked to restart your computer.
Then you’ll need to install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables.
When it’s all done, reboot your PC and launch New World. If you still have the Easy Anti-Cheat error, try the next fix below.
5. Repair your Windows system files
If the fixes listed above did not help you fix the game error then your operating system is most likely heavily corrupted or the hardware is broken. If you have been seeing random system crashes before, you may need to perform a clean Windows reinstallation.
However, this is a time-consuming task that involves lengthy back-ups, long installations, and dasy to find and reinstall all of your favorite programs. Reimage is the best alternative to that long, unnecessary process.
The Reimage process saves you the time and hassle of having to:
- Download endless registry cleaners and system optimizers that simply don’t work.
- Figure out if you have a virus.
- Find your Windows installation CD and realize it is outdated or scratched.
- Reinstall Windows and actually “start from scratch”.
- Reinstall broken drivers, software applications, recover license keys and passwords. In most cases, it means you will never need to reinstall Windows again.
One download, a few clicks, and the software will refresh your entire Windows PC. Reimage will revive your entire system, leaving it error-free and stable, safely and securely.
To enjoy these perks:
- Download and install Reimage.
- Open Reimage and it will run a free scan of your PC. Upon completion of the scan, the software will conduct a diagnosis and show you a summary of system issues. This will take a few minutes.
- Once it’s finished, click START REPAIR to start the repair process.
That’s it. Feel free to drop a comment below if any fixes listed above worked for you. We also welcome alternate methods in case you’ve found one that worked for you.