Persona 5 Strikers black screen issue is infuriating. Players want to defeat the boss and continue playing but the black screen issue blocks the way. But don’t worry, there’re working fixes that can help.
There’s one tip before you try the fixes: keep P5S on Window mode. This is required, the game won’t run in full screen for some reason.
Try these fixes:
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Fix 1: Change game properties
Changing the exe. properties settings works for most infinite loading screen problems as well as black screen issue. Follow the steps below to fix it.
- Right-click Persona5 Strikers.exe and click Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check Disable Fullscreen optimizations and Run Program as Administrator.
- Relaunch the game to check.
If it’s not working, move to the next fix.
Fix 2: Update your driver
The black screen issue usually relates to the PC’s graphics card and graphics driver. If the graphics driver on your PC is outdated or corrupted, there might be crashes, black screen, lags and etc.
Graphics card manufacturers like Nvidia, AMD constantly release new drivers to fix bugs and improve gaming performance. Therefore, updating your driver would be the fix for many issues.
There are two ways you can update your graphics drivers:
Manual driver update – You can update your graphics drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for your graphics card, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your Windows version.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your video and monitor drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact graphics cards, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Fix 3: Edit P5S file
Edit the configure file might be a solution for some players. We highly recommend you back up the file you’re about to edit so that you can restore it when there’re certain issues appear.
- Press the Windows key + R together to open the Run box.
- Type %%APPDATA%\SEGA\Steam\P5S\ and click OK.
- Open config.xml.
- Edit the file by replacing <DisplaySetting>1</DisplaySetting> to <DisplaySetting>3</DisplaySetting> (1 to 3) .
- Save the change.
Fix 4: Change NVIDIA settings
If you have an NVIDIA card on your PC, you can use this fix. Make sure Previously, the game would ONLY work in Windowed mode for me, and I would constantly get the infinite loading black screen. This guide is for those with Nvidia cards only.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Hit Manage 3D settings > Program Settings.
- Select Persona 5 Strikers from the drop-down menu.
- Select High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Click Apply to save changes.
- Reboot the game to check.
That’s all the common fixes for Persona 5 Strikers black screen issue. Hope this post helps and you can enjoy the game. If you have any suggestions, you’re welcome to drop a comment below.