Resident Evil Village is a great survival horror game in the storied Resident Evil franchise. But the cursor became annoying while in-game with Village. This post gives you some possible fixes, give it a try.
Try these fixes:
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Fix 1: Download an invisible cursor theme file
To solve the mouse cursor that appears on the black bars in-game issue, download an invisible cursor theme file would do the job.
This might be the easiest way to do it, but you have to restore it back when you’re done playing.
- Download the blank mouse cursor file.
- Press the Window logo key + I together and click Devices.
- Click Mouse on the left panel, then click Additional mouse options.
- Go to the Pointers tab, click Browse… to add the blank mouse cursor file.
- Click Apply. Your mouse cursor will disappear.
- If you want the cursor back, click Use Default in the Mouse Properties window, then click Apply.
Fix 2: Change resolution
Many players have found out the best resolution to solve this cursor issue is 16:9. That means if you have 1680: 1050, select 1600 x 900 instead. If you run the game with a 16: 10 monitor, the black bar would appear on the bottom of your screen and the desktop mouse becomes visible. The game would be unplayable because of sensitivity and aiming issues.
- Launch the game.
- Go to Options > Display.
- Choose Screen Resolution that fits your PC, remember the 16: 9 works better.
- Make sure you’re in full screen, not borderless window.
Note: This fix might let the image lose a lot of quality.
Fix 3: Change mouse settings
Change the in-game mouse settings might help. Players have proved that the max sensitivity is not 10 and you can set the number go beyond 10.
Maxing your Mouse Sensitivity, Movement Camera Sensitivity with Mouse and DPI of mouse in game.
If this fix brings no luck, move to the next one.
Fix 4: Update device driver
Keeping your drivers updated is important to your PC. If driver on your PC is outdated or corrupted, you may encounter crashes or other issues that won’t let you enjoy the game. To prevent potential risks, you need to update your device driver regularly.
There are two ways you can update your device drivers:
Manual driver update – You can update your drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for your graphics card, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your Windows version. Or you can use Windows update, but Windows doesn’t give you the latest drivers.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your video and monitor drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact device, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the device driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
That’s it, hope this post would help. If you have any ideas, you’re welcome to drop a comment below.