Many Warframe players report encountering the “Update failed!” error issues when downloading the latest update of the game. If you’re one of them, you’ve come to the right place!
Here’re some fixes proved useful for many users. But before taking any attempts, we recommend you restart your computer first. Sometimes a simple restart can fix many issues.
Try these fixes:
You might not need to try them all. Just walk through the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Run Warframe as an administrator
- Temporarily disable antivirus software
- Optimize your internet connection
- Repair/ Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Reinstall DirectX
- Change the launcher settings
- Verify the download cache
- Other fixes
Fix 1: Run Warframe as an administrator
Running the launcher as an administrator can fix anything related to the file-write permission issues.
To do this:
1) Right-click the Warframe launcher shortcut, and then click Properties.
2) Select the Compatibility tab and click Change settings for all users.
3) Under the Settings section, click Run this program as an administrator. Then click Apply.
After applying the changes, try relaunching Warframe.
Fix 2: Temporarily disable antivirus software
Your real-time virus scanner might be interfering with the Warframe launcher and this would lead to the “Update failed” error. To avoid this, you’re supposed to try temporarily disabling your antivirus software.
Click the links below and follow the instructions to disable the antivirus software you’re running:
Fix 3: Optimize your internet connection
When updating Warframe, you need to make sure that you have a stable internet connection.
If you’re using a wired connection:
1) Check if the ethernet is connected to your PC.
You can type ethernet on the Search box, and click Ethernet settings from the result.
Under the Ethernet section, you can see if it’s connected or not.
2) If your computer isn’t connected to ethernet, then you need to check if the ethernet is connected to your router/ modem correctly.
If you’re using a wireless connection:
1) Check if the WiFi light is on. If not, call your ISP for assistance.
2) Try to re-enter your WiFi password correctly and reconnect it.
But if your problem hasn’t been fixed, then you should try to fix the network errors via Command Prompt.
1) On the Search box, type cmd and click Command Prompt.
2) Type the commands below one by one and before you type the next one, remember to press Enter on your keyboard.
After following these steps, if the connection still isn’t working, then you should:
Update your network card driver:
You can update your network card driver by following these steps.
Fix 4: Repair/ Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
If the internet connection isn’t your problem, having your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable fixed might work for you.
Both the repairing and updating might work. So just choose one of them.
Repair Microsoft Visual C++
1) On the Search box, type control panel and click the Control Panel icon from the results.
2) Click Programs and Features
3) Under the Uninstall or change a program section, find the Microsoft Visual C++ packages.
4) Right-click on it and click Change.
5) When the Modify Setup window pops up, click Repair.
6) When you’re asked “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”, click Yes.
7) Click Close when the repairing is finished.
Update Microsoft Visual C++
To update Microsoft Visual C++, you need to go to the download page and install it manually.
Fix 5: Reinstall DirectX
1) Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
2) Follow the instructions from the DirectX installation wizard to install DirectX.
3) Restart your computer and launch the game.
Fix 6: Change the launcher settings
If those methods haven’t worked for you, then you can change the launcher settings.
1) Launch Warframe.
2) At the upper right corner, click the Settings icon.
3) Uncheck Bulk Download and when the Warning window appears, click OK. Then click OK on the Settings window.
Fix 7: Verify the download cache
1) Open Settings from Warframe.
2) Under the Download Cache section, click Verify.
3) In the Verify Game Data? window, click OK.
Till then, relaunch your game and update it to check if the issue still occurs.
If the problem still persists after you’ve tried all the methods listed above, then you’re supposed to:
- Perform Windows Updates
- Download the update using a VPN
Using a VPN to download the latest version of Warframe might help you resolve the issue. It could be that the game servers are in conflict with your ISP when communicating.
To use a VPN service, you need to download a VPN application.
Here we recommend you NordVPN as your best pick for its military-grade encryption. If you decide to choose NordVPN, here’s a NordVPN coupon code for you! Just get the code, go to the NordVPN subscription page, paste the code, and then follow the instructions to download and install NordVPN.
After you’ve installed NordVPN, launch it and then open Warframe to update your game.
Hopefully, this post can fix your Warframe “Update failed!” error and you can continue to have fun playing it! And if you have any ideas or questions, please leave a comment below. We’d love to hear from you!