Feeling rather frustrated with your misbehaving HP Officejet 6600? An error message, or perhaps the silent treatment? It does’t want to cooperate, and it won’t tell you why!
Don’t worry. Your printer might not want to work because its driver is wrong or out of date. As the translator for your PC and printer, the driver may need a update to do the job.
Following are 3 top methods to update your HP Officejet 6600 driver.
Perform Basic Troubleshoot
1. Restart your printer
Turn off your printer and unplug it, wait 30 seconds, plug your printer back in, and then turn the printer back on.
Power cycling your printer can do wonders for fixing problems sometimes.
2. Check connections
Make sure that the printer’s cable is firmly plugged in from the printer to your PC.
If you are using wireless connection, you can check the wireless network using Wireless Setup Wizard. Turn on your printer, then touch Setup>Network>Wireless Setup Wizard>Continue. Touch the name of your network, then touch OK.
See if your printer can print as normally as before. If not, it’s mainly caused by your driver issues. Here are 3 top methods to update your driver. You can choose the one you prefer.
How to Update your HP Officejet 6600 drivers
Top 1: Update with Device Manager
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time. Select Device Manager.
2) Double click Printers to open the drop-down list.
3) Right click your HP Officejet 6600, and select Update driver.
4) Click Search automatically for updated driver software. Then follow the instructions to install the drivers.
5) After installing, restart you PC to take effect. Then see if your printer works properly again.
6) If the screen shows The best drivers for your device are already installed, you need to try the next method to update your drivers.
Top 2: Update manually
To update your HP Officejet 6600 manually, you should visit HP’s official website to download the latest and correct driver and install it all by yourself. If you’re not comfortable playing with device drivers, or worrying about any risks in the process, you can move on to the automatic method.
1) Go to HP Customer Support for Printer.Type HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Printer in the search box, then click Submit.
2) HP will automatically detect your computer system. Choose the first result, then click download.
3) Double click the downloaded file to install the driver.
4) After installing, restart your PC to take effect.
Top 3: Automatically (Recommended)
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the HP Officejet 6600 driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro Version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer to take effect.
If the driver updating doesn’t solve your problem, you can try to solve it with fixes in these 3 articles listed below.
1. If your HP Officejet 6600 is not priting, there are many fixes proved to be very helpful in HP Printer Not Printing.
2. If you have encountered an error state, you can try these methods in How to Fix Printer in Error State.
3. If your HP Officejet 6600 printer keeps printing blank pages, you can try to solve the problem by referring to HP printer prints blank pages.