USB Headset not Working on Windows 10 [Solved]
No sound from your USB headset? Don’t worry.
You can easily fix it though these following methods:
Note: Before we go, plug your headset into different USB port and replace your USB headset with another one to check if the issue is due to headset. If it doesn’t work either, then go with fixes below.
- Do not plug USB headset while Windows 10 is booting
- Run the Hardware Devices troubleshooter
- Set your USB headset as default device
- Update your audio driver
Some conflict could exist between your USB headset and other USB devices. In order to avoid this conflict occur, make sure plug your USB headset after your computer gets into Windows 10.
Troubleshooter can find and automatically fix some problems with your computer.
3) Click Hardware and Devices.
1) Right-click on Speakers/Headphone icon at the bottom right of your taskbar. Then click Playback devices.
An old, corrupted or missing audio driver can also cause your USB headset not working. You can update your driver to solve this problem.
You can download the latest driver from your computer manufacturer’s website or,. if you’re not confident, or don’t have enough time and patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
1) Download and install Driver Easy. Then run it on your Windows.
2) Click Scan Now. It will quickly detect all drivers problems of your computer. Your printer driver is no exception.
3) Click Update next to your flagged printer driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer and check to see if your headset works.