What is called MAC address? What to do about MAC address? What is my MAC aaddress? — Find MAC address easily!
MAC address example:Here is an example for how they work together: Supposed you would be sending a file from your computer to your friend’s, meanwhile the computers are in different IP address. Your computer now needs to get the MAC address of your friend’s computer to recognize it’s the correct destination to send data. Then there will be a protocol using for translating your friend’s IP address into MAC address and sending back to your computer. Then your computer would know which address stands for your friend’s computer. MAC address is on your network interface card (NIC) which device makes your computer possible to connect with network. It’s given to a network adapter once it’s manufactured. Furthermore, all the MAC addresses are different from each other. In other words, your network card has a unique MAC address. It is composed of 6 pairs of characters, separated by colons or hyphens: xx-xx-xx-yy-yy-yy or xx: xx: xx: yy: yy:yy.1. Find MAC address in Windows 2. Find MAC address in Mac 3. Find MAC address in iOS
3) On the pop-up black window, type ipconfig /all and press the Enter key on your keyboard. Then all of your network card will be listed. Find the one your computer’s using and see the Physical Address which actually also refers to MAC address.
At the top left of your screen, click Apple menu and select System Preferences…
2) On System Preferences window, click Network.
3) Click Wi-Fi if your Mac is using wireless network or Ethernet if it’s using wired network, then click Advanced.
4) Click Hardware, the you can see the MAC address.
Find and tap Settings button on your iOS device.
2) In Settings window, select General.
3) Go on to select About.
4) You should then see its MAC address listed as Wi-Fi address.