Windows 10 Search Not Working [Solved]
If you are having problems using Cortana or Search on Windows 10, we have here some effective methods that are going to help you solve this problem.
Note that not all Windows 10 users encounter this problem and the exact cause remains unclear, there is not a general fix for it. Read on and follow the easy-doing steps with images below.
1: Restart your computer
2: Restart Cortana/ Search process
3: Modify Windows Search service
4: Restore indexing services
PRO TIP: If you have not yet updated the device drivers on your PC to the latest, it’s time to update them now with Driver Easy automatically.
You can try its Free version, and update your drivers one by one. Or you can update all your missing and outdated drivers automatically with just one-click with Driver Easy Pro version. No worry to try it as it comes with a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee and professional tech support 24/7.
If you have not tried restarting your computer to see if the problem is gone, it is suggested that you do this now before you proceed with the following steps, especially when you are used to let your computer hibernate instead of shutting it off when you don’t use it.
1) Right-click the task bar at the bottom of your computer desktop and choose Task Manager.
2) Press the C key on your keyboard and better locate the process Cortana, then right click it and choose End task.
If you can find Search process (press S key to better help you locate it), also right-click it and choose End task.
1) On your keyboard, press Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type services.msc in the search box and press Enter.
2) Press W key to faster locate Windows Search option, and then right-click it and choose Properties.
4) Restart your computer after this.
3) Change the Startup type to Automatic, and then click OK to save the change and exit.
2) Click the Advanced button.
3) In the newly open window, click Rebuild button under Troubleshooting category.
You will be seeing this notification window, just click OK to continue.
Windows will help you troubleshoot the cause of the cause of the problem.
If the above options still cannot help you fix the Cortana or Search issue in Windows 10, you might need to perform a Reset or Refresh of your Windows.
If you need more help, here are the detailed tutorial:
How to Reset Widows 10?
How to Refresh Windows 10?
How to downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7/ 8 / 8.1?