Windows 10 Search Not Working [Solved]
If you’re having problems using Cortana or Search on Windows 10, we have here some effective methods that are going to help you fix this problem.
Note that not all Windows 10 users have this problem and the exact cause remains unclear, there is not a general fix for it. But the following methods are re
Method 1: Restart your computer
Method 2: Restart Cortana / Search process
Method 3: Modify Windows Search service
Method 4: Restore indexing services
Method 5: Run the built-in troubleshooter
PRO TIP: If you have not updated the device drivers on your PC to the latest, it’s time to update them with Driver Easy automatically.
You can try its Free version, and update your drivers one by one. Or you can update all your missing and outdated drivers automatically with just one-click with Driver Easy Pro version. No worry to try it as it comes with a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee and professional tech support 24/7.
If you haven’t restarted your computer to see if the problem is gone, do it now before you proceed with the following steps, especially for those who are used to let the computer hibernate instead of shutting it off when not using.
2) Press the C key on your keyboard and better locate the process Cortana, then right click it and choose End task.
If you can find Search process (press S key to better help you locate it), also right-click it and choose End task.
2) Press W key to faster locate Windows Search option, and then right-click it and choose Properties.
4) Restart your computer after this.
3) Change the Startup type to Automatic, and then click OK to save the change and exit.
2) Click the Advanced button.
3) In the newly open window, click Rebuild button under Troubleshooting category.
You will be seeing this notification window, just click OK to continue.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, type in control and press Enter.
2) View by Small icons, then click Troubleshooting.
3) Click View all.
4) Click Search and Indexing.
5) Click Next.
6) Tick the box or boxes for the appropriate troubleshooting process you see. Then click Next to continue.
7) When the troubleshooting process finishes, Windows 10 should be able to tell you what went wrong and what you can do to fix it.
Last but not the least
If the above options still cannot help you fix the Cortana or Search issue in Windows 10, you might need to perform a Reset or Refresh of your Windows.
If you need more help, here are the detailed tutorial:
How to Reset Widows 10?
How to Refresh Windows 10?
How to downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7/ 8 / 8.1?