In Windows 10, when you show the full screen, you may want to hide the taskbar. You can set the taskbar automatically hide. But the frustrating thing is the taskbar won’t be hiding even if the auto-hide is enabled. If you meet Windows 10 taskbar not hiding issue, follow instructions to fix it.
First, verify the taskbar setting
If you have verified the taskbar is set to be hided automatically, skip this instruction. If not, follow steps below to verify the taskbar setting.
1. Right-click on the taskbar and select Settings on the context menu.
2. If you are using a desktop, make sure Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode is on. If you are using a laptop, make sure Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode is on.
Restart Windows Explorer
Restarting Windows Explorer will restart all of your Metro applications. This solution may solve the issue temporarily. If the issue continues, read on and try the next solution.
1. Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager on the context menu.
2. In Processes tab, select Windows Explorer and click on Restart button.
Use following Workaround that May Work Like a Charm
This would be a trick to fix Windows 10 taskbar not hiding issue. It has worked for many uses who had encountered this issue.
1. Click on SEARCH button on taskbar.
If you have SEARCH box on taskbar but not SEARCH button, click in the search box.
2. When search window pops up, click somewhere on desktop so search window disappear. After that, the taskbar should auto-hide normally.