Disc/ DVD/ CD Drives Not Showing/ Missing on Windows 10 [SOLVED]
Also, it is nowhere to be seen in Device Manager.
You can’t even see the DVD/CD-ROM drives option when you choose to Show hidden devices.
You figure that it might be a driver issue so the first thing comes to you is to install a DVD/CD-ROM driver provided by the computer manufacturer.
But the problem is, the chances for you to find such driver is very small, because DVD/CD-ROM driver is usually provided by Windows and it could take years for the computer manufacturer to provide the DVD/CD-ROM driver if they decide to produce any.
In this case, you might need to seek alternatives to get this problem fixed. This tutorial done on Windows 10 shows you how you could fix this problem by yourself.
Method 1: Manually fix corrupted registry entries
Note: Before you use this method, it is recommended that you back-up and restore your registry first, just in case something went wrong.
1) Press WIN+R at the same time to invoke a Run command. Type in regedit and press Enter.
2) Follow the path:
3) Look for UpperFilters and LowerFilters strings on the right side panel.
4) Right click them and choose Delete.
Method 2: Create a registry subkey
If you can’t see UpperFilters and LowerFilters in the Registry pane, please follow the steps below.
1) Open Registry again.
2) Follow the path
3) Right click on the blank space on the right panel, when the New option pops up, choose Key.
4) Create a new Controller0 key under atapi key.
5) Select the new Controller0 key. On the right side of the pane, right click on the blank space and choose DWORD(32-bit) Value.
6) Set the name as EnumDevice1 and press Enter. Then double click it to set the Value data as 1. Press OK to save the setting.
7) Exit Registry Editor.
8) Restart your computer.
Method 3: Uninstall IDE ATA/ ATAPI controllers
1) Go to Device Manager.
2) Locate IDE ATA/ ATAPI controllers category.
3) Right click the first option ATA Channel 0 and choose Uninstall.
4) Do the same with ATA Channel 1 option.
5) Still, repeat if you have more options under IDE/ ATAPI controllers category.
6) Reboot your computer after these changes.
Or you could press the Scan button on the top of the panel and let the system Scan for hardware changes for you.
7) Your computer will be able to help you with the detection of the DVD for Windows 10.
Method 4: Update drivers
If, after trying the above, your problem remains, it’s time to update your device drivers.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can try its Free version, and update your drivers one by one. Or you can update all your missing and outdated drivers automatically with just one-click with Driver Easy Pro version. No worry to try it as it comes with a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee and professional tech support 24/7.