You may have heard that uTorrent is one of the best torrent clients. But how can you use it to download movies? Read on to find the step-by-step guide below.
Before you start using uTorrent to download movies, you need to install it on your computer. If you don’t have installed uTorrent on your computer, download and install it first. To download and install uTorrent on your computer, follow these steps:
1) Click here to download uTorrent.
2) Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
If you’ve installed uTorrent, move on to How to download movies with uTorrent.
How to download movies with uTorrent
If you don’t have downloaded the movie torrent file, follow these steps to download the movie with uTorrent:
1) Launch uTorrent and look for the torrent file of the movie you like.
You can go to the trusted torrent sites to look for the movie torrent file you want. If you’re not sure what torrent sites you can trust, you can go to The Best 10 Torrent Sites in 2021 to find one of the torrent sites to download the movie torrent.
2) After you find the torrent file you want, you can download it. Usually, you can click the download button or the download link to download the torrent file. It depends on the torrent site you’re on.
3) Once you click on the download button or download link, a dialog box will pop up and ask you to open uTorrent. Just click Open uTorrent, then the download will start.
4) After the download completes, switch to the Completed window, you can double-click on the downloaded file to watch the movie. Or you can right-click on the downloaded file and select Open Containing Folder to locate the downloaded file.
If you have downloaded the movie torrent file and save it to your computer, follow these steps to download the movie with uTorrent.
1) Launch uTorrent.
2) Click File in the top menu bar, and select Add Torrent to add the movie torrent file you downloaded.
3) Select a folder to save the movie, then click OK.
4) Once you add the torrent file, the download will start automatically. The download process may take some time. It depends on your internet connection, the file size, etc.
5) After the download completes, switch to the Completed window, you can double-click on the downloaded file to watch the movie. Or you can right-click on the downloaded file and select Open Containing Folder to locate the downloaded file.
If you have multiple torrent files downloading, you can choose to prioritize the download you want. Follow these steps to prioritize downloads:
1) Switch to the Downloading window.
2) Select the download you want to download first.
3) Click the Move up queue button to move the download up. If you want the download to move up to the first download, keep clicking the Move up queue button until it turns to the first download.
You should use a VPN for torrenting
You may already know that some torrent sites provide pirated content and downloading them is illegal. If you can tell exactly whether the content you’ll download is protected by copyright, you won’t get into any trouble. But if you’re not sure how to identify pirated content, you may get in trouble after downloading the content.
Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and the government can know what you’ve downloaded with your IP. They can also use anti-BT tools to know who downloaded pirated content. If you’ve downloaded the pirated content without knowledge, you can be their subject. You may get a warning message from your ISP and tell you that you’ve downloaded the illegal content. So to circumvent risks like this and to have more privacy when torrenting we recommend you use a VPN to hide your IP address.
VPN stands for Virtual Private Networks. It creates a secure network over the internet and shields your online activity. When you connect to a VPN, all your traffic will be strongly encrypted and your IP address will be disguised from anyone who wants to track you. In this way, prying eyes can’t see what you download or browse online.
Regarding what VPN you can use for torrenting, our top pick is NordVPN. NordVPN offers stronger encryption and has a strict data logging policy， which means it won’t keep records of your IP address or online activity.
Here’s how to use NordVPN for torrenting:
- Download and install NordVPN.
- Choose your plan and log into your account.
- Click the Quick Connect button at the bottom of your screen, then the app will automatically choose a server that suits you best.
- Now you can torrent securely!
Hopefully, you know how to download movies with uTorrent with the steps above. If you have any questions, ideas, or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.