Kodi is a free and open-source media player. Installing add-ons on Kodi can bring you an extraordinary experience when watching movies and TV shows. Exodus can be one of the best add-ons on Kodi. This guideline shows you how to install Exodus on Kodi easily.
Kindly note that the Exodus addon no longer works in Kodi, and neither its related repositories. But don’t worry. The alternative working add-on to Exodus is Exodus Redux. And in this post you’ll learn how to install Exodus redux on Kodi step by step.
How to Install Exodus Redux on Kodi?
- Things to know before getting started
- Install Exodus redux on Kodi
- Install Exodus redux on Kodi with the Kodi Bae repository
- Further configurations after installing Exodus Redux
1. Notifications before using Exodus on Kodi
Before getting started, kindly note that neither Driver Easy nor Kodi encourages the piracy. You should use Kodi and its add-ons legally.
Is Exodus Kodi add-on legal? Kodi features several open APIs to enable third-party developers to create add-ons. Any third-party Kodi add-on is an illegal add-on, including Exodus. However, Exodus claims that it only hosts the links and sources for the videos, instead of the media content. Therefore, we should use Exodus and Kodi legally.
2. Configure settings before installing Exodus on Kodi
Sometimes the add-ons you are installing come from unknown developers, and Kodi restricts downloading add-ons and watching videos from unknown sources. So before installing Exodus, you’ll need to set up allowing unknown sources in your Kodi.
1) Open Kodi, click Settings > System settings.
2) Click Add-ons, and tap the button next to Unknown sources, then click Yes to confirm.
3) Then you can install add-ons like Exodus in your Kodi to improve your experience.
3. Get a VPN to use Kodi
It’s recommended to use a VPN when using Kodi and streaming videos.
To prevent any possible problems like Exodus add-on not working, you should install a Virtual Private Network (VPN). A VPN will mask the video, so your ISP won’t recognize it as a Kodi video and, as a result, won’t block it.
To find a VPN, just search VPN in your browser, then pick the one with the best reputation. If you don’t have time or patience, you can try NordVPN.
NordVPN helps you bypass geo-restrictions to get all add-ons desired, keeps you protected from snooping eyes, and secures your data to keep your online activity private. It’s safe and easy to use!
Click NordVPN coupon to get NordVPN coupon code first, then follow the steps below to download and use NordVPN.
- Download NordVPN in your device. You can get 75% OFF.
- Run NordVPN and open it.
- Connect to a server in a chosen location.
Exodus redux is a new form for Exodus, and it’s working perfectly. Follow the steps below to install Exodus redux on your Kodi:
1) Open your Kodi, click Settings (the gear icon).
2) Click File manager.
3) Double click Add Source, then click None.
4) Type the following URL, or copy and paste the following URL in your Kodi, and click OK.
5) Enter a name to save this source. For example, you can enter Redux, and click OK twice to save the source.
6) Go back to the Main menu on the Kodi, and click Add-ons, then click the Package icon on the upper left.
7) Select Install from zip file.
8) Select Redux (the file name you just saved).
9) Click repository.exodusredux-0.0.X.zip.
10) Wait for the notification on the upper right corner to show you the Add-on installed notification.
11) Click Install from repository.
12) Click Exodus Redux Repo.
13) Click Video Add-ons.
14) Click Exodus Redux.
15) Click Install at the bottom.
Now you can open Exodus and enjoy watching movies by going to Kodi homepage > Add-ons > Video add-ons > Exodus.
You can also install Exodus on Kodi with the Kodi Bae repository. Follow the steps:
2) Open Kodi, click Add-ons, then click the Package icon at the upper left corner.
3) Select Install from zip file.
4) Select the .zip file that you just downloaded by browsing to the location where you saved the .zip file (the file name is repository.kodibae-X.X.X if you didn’t rename it). In my case I navigate to C:\Users\lillian.lai\Downloads to download this .zip file.
5) Then you should see Kodil Bae Repository Add-on installed notification on the upper right corner.
6) Then click Install from repository.
7) Click Kodi Bae Repository.
8) Click Video add-ons.
9) Select Exodus.
10) Then click the Install button at the bottom.
11) Wait for the download to finish, until you see Exodus Add-on installed notification appear on the upper right corner.
Now you can go to Kodi home page > Add-ons > Video add-ons > Exodus and enjoy it!
After installing Exodus Redux on your Kodi, you may want to know the further configurations of it, such as how to update Exodus Redux and how to uninstall Exodus Redux from Kodi.
How to update Exodus Redux on Kodi
Exodus Redux, as an add-on, needs to update every now and then, so you can get the updated fixes of issues and more latest sources. Check the below to know how to update Exodus Redux:
1) Go to Add-ons > My add-ons > Video add-ons.
2) Select Exodus Redux, and you will see a menu listed at the bottom.
3) Click the Update button, and follow to install the updates.
How to uninstall Exodus Redux on Kodi
If you want to uninstall Exodus Redux on Kodi, follow the instructions:
1) Go to Add-ons > My add-ons > Video add-ons.
2) Select Exodus, and you will see a menu listed at the bottom.
3) Click the Uninstall button, and follow the instructions to uninstall.
Exodus not Working on Kodi?
Exodus sometimes may run into problems, such as No streams available, etc. You can check this article for solutions to fix Exodus Kodi not working: How to Fix Exodus Kodi not Working.
This is the guideline on how to install Exodus on Kodi, and the further configurations before and after installation. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below and we’ll see what more we can do to help.