How to Fix Exodus Kodi not Working [2019 Latest Update]
So you’ve just sat down to watch the next episode of your favorite series on Kodi, and BOOM! Exodus suddenly isn’t working. It was working the last time you tried, and you’ve done nothing that might have caused the problem, so it’s all a little baffling. Not to mention incredibly frustrating.
But don’t despair! Whether you’re getting an error like “No stream available” or “Exodus Error Message“, your show is constantly buffering, or you just can’t see new movies, this post should help you resolve the problem. So before you take to your Kodi with a baseball bat, read on…
Try these fixes
Here are a few fixes that have helped other users resolve their ‘Exodus not working’ issues. You may not need to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Update Exodus
- Clear Exodus’ cache & providers
- Use a VPN
- Adjust Kodi’s video cache settings & clear temp files
- Update your graphics card driver
- Change your stream time
- Change your device’s time & date settings
- Install Exodus from a different repository
- Use Covenant instead of Exodus
Your first port of call when Exodus is not working should always be to update it. This is a 2-step process:
1) Open Kodi and click Add-ons in the left menu
2) Click the package icon in the upper left corner
3) Click My add-ons, then click Video Add-ons.
4) Click Exodus
4) Click Uninstall at the bottom right, then click Yes to confirm
Exodus will then uninstall. Once the uninstall process completes, you’ll need to reinstall the latest version.
After uninstalling Exodus, you can now install the latest Exodus in Kodi.
2) Open Kodi, click Add-ons, then click the Package icon in the upper left corner
3) Select Install from zip file.
4) Select the Kodi Bae Repository zip file you just downloaded (the file name will be plugin.video.exodus-xxx.zip if you didn’t rename it)
5) Wait for a moment for the file to upload and install on your Kodi. Once it’s done, you’ll see Exodus add-on installed in the upper right corner
Now check to see if your Exodus not working issue is resolved. Go to Kodi homepage > Add-ons > Video add-ons > Exodus, and try playing a movie.
After reinstalling Kodi, try it again to see if the Exodus error message is fixed.
When Exodus is not working properly on a Kodi, it’s often because of the cached data and stored list of providers of certain titles. This is particularly likely if you’re seeing the “No stream available” error or your show is constantly buffering. So clearing the cache and providers within Exodus may solve the problem:
1) Click Add-ons > My add-ons > Video add-ons > Exodus
2) Click Tools
3) Click Clear Providers, and click Yes to confirm
4) Click Clear Cache, and click Yes to confirm
5) Restart to see if the problem is resolved. If you can stream videos again, you’re good to go!
If you’re having trouble with Exodus not working properly on your Kodi – and in particular, if you’re seeing the “No stream available” error – your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may be blocking Kodi videos.
To resolve this problem (i.e. to work around their block), you should install a Virtual Private Network (VPN). A VPN will mask the video, so your ISP won’t recognize it as a Kodi video and, as a result, won’t block it.
To find a VPN, just search VPN in your browser, then pick the one with the best reputation. If you don’t have time or patience, you can try NordVPN.
NordVPN helps you bypass geo-restrictions to get all add-ons desired, keeps you protected from snooping eyes, and secures your data to keep your online activity private. It’s safe and easy to use!
- Download NordVPN in your device (You can get a 75% discount to buy NOW).
- Run NordVPN and open it.
- Connect to a server in a chosen location.
All set – Kodi is now unlocked and you should be able to use Exodus in your Kodi without any problems.
For more details about the VPN on Kodi, check this post: Kodi with VPN – Everything You Should Know
Every time you load a movie or TV program in Kodi, it saves a file in your device. If the files are too large, you may experience problems when trying to watch videos – in particular, it’s likely you’ll encounter a lot of buffering. To determine if this is your problem and fix it, you need to:
- Install the Ares Wizard Kodi add-on
- Configure the correct cache settings
- Clear all cache and temp files
1) Go to Kodi > Settings > File Manager
2) Double click Add source at the bottom
3) Double click None, then copy and paste the following URL in the field and click OK:
4) Type ares repo as the name of the media source, then click OK
5) Return to the Kodi home page, click Add-ons in the menu on the left, then click the Package icon in the upper left corner
6) Click Install from zip file
7) Click ares repo, and click the zip file to install (there should be only one zip file here)
8) Click Install from repository
9) Go to Ares Project > Program Add-ons > Ares Wizard, and click Install at the bottom right corner
Now that the add-on is installed, you need to use it to adjust Kodi’s video cache settings, then clear its temp files…
1) Click Add-ons on the Kodi homepage, then click Program add-ons
2) Click Ares Wizard, then click Tweaks
3) Click Advanced Settings Wizard, then click Next
4) Adjust the Buffer Mode to suit your device (modes 1 and 2 use more memory (RAM) than modes 3 and 4).
Mode 1: Kodi buffers all Internet streams including FTP streams.
Mode 2 (recommended): Kodi buffers everything, including the local files.
Mode 3: Kodi buffers only stream from web.
Mode 4: disable buffering.
You should now also delete Kodi’s temp files…
If your device is running out of space for Kodi, you may experience buffering issues. So you should try to delete the temp files in your Kodi.
1) Click Add-ons on the Kodi homepage, click Program add-ons
2) Click Ares Wizard to launch, then click Tweaks
3) Click Maintenance
4) Click DeleteThumbnails, Delete Packages and Delete Cache\Temp.
Now check to see if Exodus is working properly.
One of the most common causes of Exodus not working properly on Kodi is an incorrect, outdated or corrupt graphics card driver.
The easiest way to ensure you have the correct graphics card driver installed, and that it’s functioning properly, is to scan your computer with Driver Easy. It will automatically find the correct driver for your graphics card (and all your other cards and devices).
You don’t need to know exactly what card you have, what system your computer is running or where to find the right driver. Nor do you risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, or making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy takes care of everything for you, automatically. And all it takes is a few clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
4) Check to see if your Exodus not working issue is resolved.
Sometimes there is no stream available because the time for streaming is too short for Exodus to search. Check the settings in your Exodus to set up a suitable time:
1) Click Add-ons > My add-ons > Video add-ons > Exodus
2) Click Tools in the menu on the left
3) Click General
4) In the General tab, use the slider to change Providers Timeout to 20-35 seconds, then click OK
5) Try streaming again to see if the problem is solved
If you’re seeing only old movies and TV shows in Exodus on Kodi (e.g. movies from the 1970s), your device’s time and date settings may be incorrect. For example, the time and date on your TV may be incorrect. So you should go the your device’s settings, find the time and date settings, and ensure set them to the present. Then open your Kodi to see if you can now see new shows.
The original developer of Exodus has announced that he is no longer updating or supporting Exodus. So it’s possible that the problems you’re experiencing with it are simply due to the fact that it has a bug that hasn’t been fixed (and won’t be).
Fortunately, some other developers have created different versions of it, and these versions are still being updated. Refer to our article to learn more about installing Exodus on Kodi from different repositories.
If none of the above fixes work for you, you may want to try an alternative to Exodus, called Covenant. It works in much the same way as Exodus, but it’s still being maintained by the original developer. Check this article to learn how to Install Covenant on Kodi.
Please add a comment below to let us know if these fixes resolved your Exodus not working issue. If you have any other issues, feel free to let us know, and we’ll do our best to help.