HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working [SOLVED]
Many HyperX Cloud 2 headset users have reported that the microphone on their headset have stopped working. This can happen randomly, even the first time they have used the headset.
This is annoying issue. The mic on your headset just cannot record your own sound. You are probably thinking, “How am I supposed to do to fix a problem like this!!?”
But not to worry! It is possible to fix this issue. Here are some fixes you should try:
The mic on your HyperX Cloud 2 headset may stop working if it is muted or you don’t connect it correctly. You should perform a basic check on the mute setting and the connection of your headset to troubleshoot these issues.
1) If you are using the USB switcher of your headset, have a check on it to ensure that the mute switch on it has been turned off.
2) Check all the connectors of your headset and make sure they are all seated properly. If there is no problem with the connectors, you can try plugging the USB cable into another USB port (try those on the back) or using the 3.5mm jack connection instead of USB.
After checking all the things above, try your headset again and see if the mic works properly.
Your HyperX Cloud 2 mic may not work if it is disabled and not set as the default device on your computer. You should re-enable it and set it as Default Device. To do so,
1) Press the Windows logo key and R key on your keyboard at the same time. Then type “control” and press Enter.
2) In Control Panel, select Large icons from the View by drop down menu.
3) Select Sound.
4) Select the Recording tab. Right click on any empty place inside the device list and tick Show Disabled Devices.
5) Right click on the Headset Microphone and select Enable. After that, right click on it again and select Set it as Default Device.
Now the microphone of your headset is enabled and set as Default Device. If the method works for you, the mic will be usable now.
You cannot use the mic on your HyperX Cloud 2 headset if you are using the wrong or outdated driver. You should update the driver to see if it fixes the issue.
One easy and reliable way to reinstall driver is to use Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and Install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and hit the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click on the Update button next to the touchpad to download the latest and correct driver for it. You can also hit the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click on the Update All).
It is possible that there is corrupted files or configurations on your operating system and so the mic on your HyperX Cloud 2 headset stops working. In this case you should back up critical files on your computer and reset your system.
If you are using Windows 10, you can check this guide to reset your system.
If you are using other previous versions of Windows, you can use an installation media to complete a re-installation of your operating system.
In case any of the tricks above cannot help you fix the problem, you may need to consider it as a hardware issue. At this point, you should contact Kingston’s customer service for further assistance.