[Solved] GeForce GTX 1080 Drivers Not Compatible with Windows 10
The error message will be as follows:
“NVIDIA Installer cannot continue
This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows.
This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.”
You can tell this is an incompatibility issue from the error message. Mostly, it is due to lower version of Windows 10 installed. To insall the GeForce GTX 1080 on Windows 10, you are required on version 1511 or higher. So first, check what Windows 10 version that you have.
If you are not sure where you can find the version, follow these steps:
1. Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog box will appear.
2. Type winver in the run box and click OK button.
3. This will bring up the About Windows screen as shown in the image below. In the example below, the version is 1607.
4. If you see the version lower than 1511, upgrade it to a higher version. Microsoft has released Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607. It is recommended that you upgrade to the anniversary version. See How to Download Windows 10 Anniversary Version.
If you have installed version 1511 or higher, ensure that you download and install the right driver version. You can go to NVIDIA official website to download the latest Windows 10 driver for GTX 1080. Following steps are for your reference how to download the right driver.
1. Go to NVIDIA official website. Point the cursor to DRIVERS at the top menu. Then select All NVIDIA Drivers.
2. Under Option 1, select “Product Type” to GeForce, “Product Series” to GeForce 10 Series, “Product” to Geforce GTX 1080, then select the Operating System to the specific version that you are using (Windows 10 32-bit or Windows 10 64-bit). If you are not sure what Windows version that you have, see How to Quickly Get Operating System Version.
3. Click on SEARCH button. Then you will be directed to the download page.
4. Click on DOWNLOAD button then follow the on-screen instructions to download the driver.
If you have difficulty fixing the problem manually, you can use Driver Easy to help you. Driver Easy will scan your computer in several seconds then provide the best-matched drivers instantly. You can use it to update GTX 1080 driver for Windows 10 without any problem.
Driver Easy has Free version and Paid version. With Paid version, you can update all drivers including the GTX 1080 with just 2 clicks. Moreover, you will enjoy professional technical support. You can contact us for further assistance regarding the GTX 1080 driver not installing on Windows 10 issue. We offer 30-day money back guarantee. After purchasing the product, please feel free to ask for a full refund for any reason.