If you are having issue installing drivers for GeForce GTX 1080 on Windows 10, don’t worry, as this is a known issue especially for version 368.25. You can install the driver successfully with the solutions in this article.
The error message may appear like this:
“NVIDIA Installer cannot continue
This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows.
This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.”
There are 2 solutions for you to fix the problem:
Updating incompatible driver can cause the driver not to install successfully. To install the GTX 1080 driver successfully , we recommend using Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged Nvidia driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Tip: If Driver Easy doesn’t help resolve the problem, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Lower version of Windows 10 installed can cause this error. To install the GeForce GTX 1080 driver in Windows 10, you need to install the version 1511 or a higher version.
First, check what Windows 10 version that you have .
If you are not sure where to check the version, follow these steps:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R key at the same time to invoke the run box.
2) Type winver and click OK.
3) This will bring up the about windows where you can see the Windows version. For example, on below screenshot, you’ll see the version is 1607.
4) On your computer, if you see the version lower than 1511, upgrade it to a higher version.
Microsoft has released Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607. It is recommended that you upgrade to the anniversary version. See How to Download Windows 10 Anniversary Version.