Server DNS Address Could Not Be Found [SOLVED]
When using Google Chrome, if you can’t connect to internet and get error message “server DNS address could not be found”, don’t worry. You can get the problem resolved by using the methods here.
All these methods have worked for some other Chrome users who had this error like you. Hope they work for you too.
This is a simple fix. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc then delete all the files there.
Perform following steps:
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+n to open incognito window. Try to open a site in incognito mode. If the site can be opened, it is possible there is an extension the source of the problem.
2. Enter chrome://net-internals/#dns in the address bar then click Clear host cache button.
3. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
4. Type ipconfig /flushdns then press Enter key.
The problem can be caused by faulty DNS server settings. Follow steps below to check and configure the DNS server.
1. Open Control Panel.
2. View by Small icons then select Network and Sharing Center.
3. In the left pane, click on Change adapter settings.
4. Right-click on your connection icon (Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection, in my case, I right-click on Local Area Connection). Then select Properties.
5. Highlight item Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) then click Properties button.
6. In General tab, if you see “Use the following DNS server addresses” selected, select Obtain DNS server address automatically. Then click OK button to save the changes.
If “Obtain DNS servers address automatically” has already been selected, select Use the following DNS server address instead. Then enter the following server address. After that, click OK button to save the changes.
Preferred DNS server: 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS servee: 22.214.171.124
7. Check and see if the problem resolves.
Follow these steps:
1. Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
2. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter key.
3. Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter key.
4. Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter key.
5. Restart your PC and see if the problem persists.
Hope the methods here will help you fix the network error.