This app can’t run on your PC [Solved]
The “This app can’t run on your PC” is a problem haunting both Windows 8 and Windows 10 users. It usually pops out when Microsoft decides that certain apps you are to open would be harmful to or not appropriate for your operating system.
However, it could be too sensitive sometimes to a point where you cannot even open some of the basic programs which are problem-free.
No need to be worried. This is an easy problem to solve. Just follow the instructions below and you will easily get it fixed!
Option 1: Use a New Administrator Account
The first thing to try is to switch to your administrator account if you are on a guest account. If you are already on your administrator account and the problem persists, then you need to create a new administrator account to fix this issue.
1) On your keyboard, click Windows key, and then choose Settings icon. The click Account.
2) On the left side of the pane, choose Family & other people. On the right side, scroll down a little bit to locate Other people section. Then click Add someone else to this PC.
Note: On some versions, the listed options could be Family & other users and Other users.
3) Choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
4) Choose Add a user without a Microsoft account.
5) Finish typing in your personal information for your new account, and then hit Next to continue.
6) You should be able to see the new account just created. We need to click on it and choose Change account type.
7) Then choose Administrator. Click OK to save the change.
8) If switching to a new administrator account solve your problem, then you need to move your personal files and folders to this new account and use it from now on.
Option 2: Disable SmartScreen
SmartScreen is designed to protect you from phishing attacks and malware. But as mentioned above, This app can’t run on your PC error could be caused by too sensitive Microsoft detection. So we give disabling SmartScreen a try:
1) Press Windows key and S key at the same time to evoke a search box. Then type smart screen in the search box and choose Change SmartScreen settings from the list of results.
2) Go to Security section, and then locate Windows SmartScreen category. If it is on, then click Change settings.
3) Choose Don’t do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen) option and then click OK to save the change.
Option 3: Enable App Side-loading
1) On your keyboard, click Windows key and then choose Settings. Then click Update & security.
2) On the left side of the pane, choose For developers. Then choose Sideload apps on the right side.
If This app can’t run on your PC is on your Windows 10 32-bit PC
The most possible reason why the applications cannot be opened on your Windows 10 32-bit machine is that you have downloaded the wrong version of programs.
32-bit of apps cannot run on 64-bit of Windows 10. You can check the downloaded file to make sure you have the correct version of programs.
Or you can turn your 32-bit version of Windows 10 to 64-bit one. To do so, you need to reinstall Windows 10 completely.
For more information, please visit this web page below:
If This app can’t run on your PC happens when you are to install AMD graphic card
There are users reporting that they encounter this error notification when they are to install AMD graphics card driver. Luckily, this is not hard to tackle at all.
The biggest possibility is that you have downloaded the corrupted executive file. You can switch to a different browser to re-download the setup file again.
If This app can’t run on your PC is with your iTunes on Windows 10
If this error happens when you are to install iTunes, just simply install it as an administrator. Right click the setup file of iTunes and then choose Run as administrator.