With its unique visual style, great graphics quality and gameplay, Valorant has gained an increasing number of game players in the PC gaming community. However, more and more reports about Valorant stuck on the loading screen came out. If you are a Valorant player experiencing such an issue, you’re not alone. The good news is, we have found some solutions for you to troubleshoot this problem! Now, let’s get started to try the methods below.
Here’re the fixes to try:
You may not need to try them all; just walk your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Check for network connection
- Run your game as administrator
- Update your graphics driver
- Reinstall Valorant
- Delete Manifest txt files
Fix 1: Check for network connection
A poor network connection would certainly hold you back from loading into the game. Having a quick and simple check on your network connection should be your first fix to try.
- Reboot your network. Simply unplug your modem and router from their power supply. Wait for a minute to let them cool off and then plug them back to their power supply. This can help with better network connectivity by refreshing the RAM and renewing the IP address.
- Try using a LAN cable instead if you’re using Wi-Fi connection. Convenient as it is, yet most of the time Wi-Fi is not stable enough for computer games. A wired connection would be a better option for your network stability.
If network connection is not where the problem is, try the next method below.
Fix 2: Run your game as administrator
In some cases, the game can’t be opened properly because it lacks higher permission from your PC, so try running Valorant as administrator is a possible method to solve the infinite loading problem.
- Right-click the VALORANT icon and select Properties at the button of the pop-up menu.
- Under the Compatibility tab, tick the box Run this program as an administrator and then click Apply > OK
- Now try to open the game again. If this method doesn’t work, navigate to the next below.
Fix 3: Update your graphics driver
An up-to-date graphics driver enables your graphics card to correctly do its job in graphics capabilities and to better enhance your gaming experience. If you are having an outdated or faulty graphics driver, it may also cause Valorant to get stuck in the loading status. Therefore, having your graphics driver updated is one of the solution. Here are two ways you can update your graphics drivers:
Option 1 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your graphics drivers this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Download and install the graphics driver manually
Graphics card manufacturers keep updating drivers. To get them, you need to go to their official website, find the drivers corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 64 bit) and download the driver manually.
Once you’ve downloaded the correct drivers for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Option 2 – Automatically update graphics drivers
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your graphics driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version which comes with full support and 30-day money back guarantee – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your PC for the new graphics driver to take effect.
If this doesn’t solve your problem, move on to the next fix.
Fix 4: Reinstall Valorant
Install files of Valorant may somehow become corrupted in your computer and could not function properly, leading to the infinite loading error. So to get new and intact Install files, you should uninstall the Valorant from your computer first and then reinstall it.
- Press Windows + I key to open Windows Settings and then click Apps.
- Find Valorant from the Apps & features list and click on it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall again in the pop-up window.
- After the Valorant application is successfully uninstalled. Reinstall it from the Valorant download page.
If this reinstalling process still doesn’t work for you, you may give the last fix a try.
Fix 5: Delete Manifest txt files
Manifest files usually contain info about resources stored as well as settings for loading those resources. In this sense, the Manifest txt files in the Valorant install file may have something to do with the loading trouble. So we could try to delete those Manifest txt files to see if it helps with the problem.
- Access to the Valorant file location by either right-clicking the Valorant shortcut to open file location or following this path: Riot Games\VALORANT\live.
- Right-click the Manifest_DebugFiles_Win64 and Manifest_NonUFSFiles_Win64 and select Delete.
- Open Valorant to see if this fix helps you load in the game successfully.
There you have it – hopefully the above fixes could help you out! But if all of them don’t work for you, you can try to go to Valorant Support page and submit a request to ask for help.
If you have another fix that may work, feel free to leave it in the comment below to save people from this loading torture.