When you launch your VRChat, it can be more than irritating to see a forever loading screen. The infinite log-in loop can just drive you crazy. Yet the worst of all is that the VRChat loading error happens a lot. This bizarrely cool VR world shouldn’t be blocked by this annoying bug like this. Luckily, it’s quite easy to fix…
Try these fixes
You may bump into VRChat not loading issues after playing the game for a few days. The main causes are usually massive game cache, internet connection problems, or the game itself.
Whatever the cause is, you can try resolving this issue with the workarounds below, which proved useful for many VRChat users:
- Clear your VRChat temp files
- Try some special launch options
- Disable IPV6
- Delete VRChat in registry
- Add antivirus exception for VRChat
- Update grahics card driver
- Use a VPN service
Fix 1: Clear your VRChat temp files
Although VRChat itself has very tiny installation files, the file size will get extremely huge when you keep meeting new friends with custom avatars.
To ensure your VRChat run smoothly, you should clear these files occasionally:
- Delete the files in %Username%\AppData\Local\Temp\VRChat.
- Try launching your VRChat to see if the issue reoccurs.
- If VRChat not loading still persists, restart your computer and try testing it again.
Fix 2: Try some special launch options
Doing this should give you a chance to orientate yourself and get your bounds without the lag and reduce login issues, since I started doing this, I’ve had far fewer issues.
- Go to your Library of your Steam, then right click VRChat and select Properties.
- Click Set Launch Options.
- Add one of the following line:
(This will load you into Zarniwoop’s Avatar Dungeon)
(Hyperdimension of OziCom)
(X1 Seisoken City)
- To enter a different world, just change the world ID accordingly.
Fix 3: Disable IPV6
It’s possible that your ISP (Internet Service Provider), router, or system has poor support for IPV 6. Many users find disabling IPV 6 finally solved their VRChat not loading problems. Here is how to do it:
- Right click the network icon on your desktop and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change Adapter Settings.
- Right click the Internet Connection you’re using and select Properties.
- Under the Networking tab, uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6).
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now you’re ready to go. Try launching your VRChat to test the issue.
Note: You can also uncheck IPV6 for the remaining network connections present on this screen. If this doesn’t work for you, then try restarting your router and try logging in again.
Fix 4: Delete VRChat in registry
If disabling IPV 6 and restarting your router didn’t do the trick, you can open Windows Registry Editor – Regedit – to delete your preferred VRChat settings in the registry.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box.
- Type regedit in the box and click OK.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VRChat\vrchat and delete all the files in this folder.
Fix 5: Add antivirus exception for VRChat
If you’ve installed any antivirus applications, the culprit could be your antivirus blocking your internet, thus causing your VRChat not loading. Therefore, you can add VRChat as an exception in your antivirus program.
If you don’t know how to do it, check the links below:
Fix 6: Update your graphics driver
Graphics driver matters a lot to game players as it can make a great difference in your gaming experience. If the graphics card driver is outdated or corrupt, you will end up facing all kinds of game issues, such as VRChat not loading or crashing. To fix it, you can update your graphics card driver.
There are two ways for you to update your drivers:
Option 1 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1: Update your graphics driver manually
Download the correct graphics driver for your system, then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver. After that, don’t forget to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Option 2: Update your graphics driver automatically
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update the graphics driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.)
Note: You can do it free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Reboot your computer for the changes to take full effect.
Fix 7: Use a VPN service
If the solutions above all failed to get you to pass the loading screen, then you may need a VPN to play your VRChat. Many users reported that every problem went away after using a VPN service.
If you care about security and speed, you should avoid using these free VPN service for the lagging could drive you crazy. Therefore, we recommend using Nord VPN, the most powerful and secure VPN, and you can save up to 83%of your money by getting Nord VPN coupons here.
There you have it – 7 fixes for your VRChat not loading issue. Feel free to leave us a comment if you have any questions or have other possible solutions to share with others!