After Windows 10 Update No Sound Issues [Fixed]
Many people reported that after Windows 10 update no sound available in computers, especially after Windows October 1809 update. Don’t worry. We’ll help you fix the no sound issue in your Windows computer.
Why is there no sound after Windows 10 update? It’s likely that the new update causes conflicts with the sound card in your computer, or the update includes incompatible components with your sound card driver. Even the audio settings that are changed by the update can result in the issue.
Try these fixes:
Before getting started, be sure NOT to mute your computer in the Volume icon. And drag the Volume slider to Maximum.
It’s likely your audio driver becomes incompatible after upgrading Windows system, so it’s recommended to update your audio driver to fix the no sound issue.
There are two ways you can get the right audio driver: manually or automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update your audio driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website and searching for the most recent correct driver for your sound card and your variant of Windows 10.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your audio driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct audio driver for your sound card and your variant of Windows 10, and it will download and install it correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to a flagged audio driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version of Driver Easy).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
- Restart your computer to take effect.
Check if there’s any sound in your computer.
If the problem still persists, don’t worry. We have other solutions.
The improper audio settings can also result in the no sound issue in your computer, so you should configure the audio settings properly.
To do so:
- Right click on the Volume icon at the bottom right corner, and click Sounds (or Playback devices).
- In the Sound pane, click the Playback tab.
- Select your speaker audio device, and click Set Default to set it as your default device.
If your device has been the default device, you’ll see a green check mark next to your device.
- Restart your computer, and plug a headphone to see if there’s any sound.
Still no luck? Okay, there’s one more thing to try.
Another effective method to resolve the no sound issue is to roll back your audio driver. To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager.
- Double click Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.
- Double click on your audio device to open the properties pane.
- Click the Driver tab, and click Roll Back Driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
- Restart your computer.
Test your computer and see if it fixes the sound problem.
So there you have it – Hope this post comes in handy and fixes no sound after Windows 10 update.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions.